Lilja barrel needs throat

datsjeep

I ordered my Lilja 30" #5 barrel and I am trying to determine how long to throat it. My magazine will accept a 200 Accubond where the boat tail is in the shoulder but nothing else. Should I seat the bullet deeper and shorten the throat or seat the bullet longer and lengthen the throat?

If I go with the long bullet and throat, other bullets (i.e. berger 190's) would have a considerable jump.

I am just not sure what the best way to go about this and could use the help.

So what you are saying, you have a short throat reamer and are hand throating to final dimensions for a specific bullet?

If not just order the reamer from Dave Kiff for the bullet you want to shoot. Pretty **** sure he will send the reamer spot on the money.

BH

Thanks for the reply, I am just taking the barrel to my gun smith. He asked me to make up some dummy rounds and bring them to him.

I am trying to figure out what rounds to take him. My Accubonds seated long work in my magazine. If I have the barrel throated to that then bullets like the berger will have a long jump.

I could seat the Accubonds deeper and try to match the ogive measurement for both bergers and accubonds.

Just not sure which way is better.

I am going to do a search for Dave Kiff to see if I can find his contact info, maybe he can answer the question.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.