Like a hole in the head!

gvjm

A letter for the Dear Abby's of the gun world;
So I saw Brownells has the Howa 1500 6.5 PRC with a carbon fiber barrel for sale. I need this like a hole in the head! I have a very accurate 7RM with a brake and a very accurate 308 Rem 700. These two guns overlap so much as I'm mainly a deer and hog hunter that I really have a hard time now justifying both of them! I really never shoot past 300 yards. That said I'm 69 years old and I'm really noticing how heavy my guns are getting in the field. My mine lusts for a lightweight, flat shooting, hard hitting, hunting rifle, that won't kick the crap out of me. I probably should get over myself................or should I? That 6.5 PRC could replace both of those guns, or would I regret it. I love me my guns!

So I saw Brownells has the Howa 1500 6.5 PRC with a carbon fiber barrel for sale. I need this like a hole in the head! I have a very accurate 7RM with a brake and a very accurate 308 Rem 700. These two guns overlap so much as I'm mainly a deer and hog hunter that I really have a hard time now justifying both of them! I really never shoot past 300 yards. That said I'm 69 years old and I'm really noticing how heavy my guns are getting in the field. My mine lusts for a lightweight, flat shooting, hard hitting, hunting rifle, that won't kick the crap out of me. I probably should get over myself................or should I? That 6.5 PRC could replace both of those guns, or would I regret it. I love me my guns!
Light weight equals more recoil!

Do what I do. Tell yourself you're going to buy it to see if you like it and sell the one you like least later. It's been a solid way to justify stuff for me!! Who knows someday I may actually sell something 😂😂

Just buy another rifle. Put a brake on it to tame the recoil.

Curiosity killed the….wallet Not cat.

Within the stated parameters……your potential new rifle/cartridge should be a good choice!

Keeping all and having overlap is not bad. On the flip side , having one rifle/cartridge for "ALL" of your hunting is perfectly OK, especially within your narrow hunting parameter. However, it will be difficult to ignore those that will be screaming "Blasphemy"!

Your life can be simplified tremendously by having only one rifle/cartridge! Now if you really want to "simplify your life"…..choose one bullet for every game animal in your "one" hunting rifle!

This should elevate the blood pressure of many on this Monday mornin! 😂 memtb

Do it if it's going to keep you behind the trigger for more years. Put a brake on it and shoot those boring old 125gr Nosler Partitions with a starting load of H1000. Lightweight rifle + low recoil + proven bullet performance on game + enough to kill deer at twice that 300 yard distance you mention.

Why not??

By the way.....I wonder who's barrel are they using on these?

If you are itching for a new one, wait a week. If the feeling is still there, maybe pick it up. I have to put my wallet away everytime I visit this site's classifieds.

I had a very light 6.5 SAUM. I wish I had never sold it. Heavy ones are more forgiving, but would not say more accurate.

Life is to short to carry heavy rifles afield...

There are so many reasons to just say no and stick with what you have, but you're 69 year old. You only live once get another gun if you can afford it!
B69C0540-C94C-495F-82C8-50A3491CD31D.jpeg