Lightweight tripod recommendations

I like the Slick mini with a Manfrotto ball head. I use quick change plates on a gunrest, spotter, binoculars, RF and camera. It has 3 leg angle positions and is very light. Strong enough for 85 mm spotters, when sitting or kneeling. Very economical. Think I got mine from Euro-Optics.

RRS tripods and heads are lightweight and sturdy .They are by far the sturdiest and best made High End tripods Currently on the market .But as usual you pay for what you get .

The company began several years ago as professional camera gear company and Were considered some of the best photography and videography tripods by professional photographers.But in the last few years they have focused on the long range hunting and precision rifle shooters& Providing solid shooting platforms And Ways to Attach gun to tripod With their rock Solid Attachment pieces .Some are similar to the hog saddle in looks but in function 10 times better .

Check out javelinbipod.com.

Rob Gearing to owner is top notch. He actually told me not to buy his Tripod (I already have a bipod from them) until his next model came out, as it would be better. They emailed me when production was complete and called to make sure it was the right system for me.

They have more things coming down the pipeline and are passionate about providing exceptional products.

I've been using a SLIK Sprint 150 with a 65mm Vortex Razor. Max height is 64", but wind will push it around if it's up that high. Weight with the ball head is about 2.3 lbs.

It's not bad. I have been looking at the SLIK Sprint Mini to save about a half pound, since I generally use it sitting.

Here's a few pics of the Slik Sprint 150 with the 65mm Razor.
XI0fkDQ.jpg

nb3dHlp.jpg

N2teTZK.jpg

VCaA08N.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts