Lightweight tripod recommendations

Discussion in 'Backpacking Gear & Clothing' started by Dwall82, Feb 8, 2018.

1. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

I like the Slick mini with a Manfrotto ball head. I use quick change plates on a gunrest, spotter, binoculars, RF and camera. It has 3 leg angle positions and is very light. Strong enough for 85 mm spotters, when sitting or kneeling. Very economical. Think I got mine from Euro-Optics.

2. 4mattmyers

4mattmyers Active Member

i like the swaro CT 101

3. ssssnake529

ssssnake529 Well-Known Member

4. H59

H59 Active Member

RRS tripods and heads are lightweight and sturdy .They are by far the sturdiest and best made High End tripods Currently on the market .But as usual you pay for what you get .

5. H59

H59 Active Member

The company began several years ago as professional camera gear company and Were considered some of the best photography and videography tripods by professional photographers.But in the last few years they have focused on the long range hunting and precision rifle shooters& Providing solid shooting platforms And Ways to Attach gun to tripod With their rock Solid Attachment pieces .Some are similar to the hog saddle in looks but in function 10 times better .

6. mildot1960

mildot1960 Well-Known Member

Do you want a small tactical type tripod or one that comes up to about 3ft high ?

7. atkinsinc

atkinsinc Member

Check out javelinbipod.com.

Rob Gearing to owner is top notch. He actually told me not to buy his Tripod (I already have a bipod from them) until his next model came out, as it would be better. They emailed me when production was complete and called to make sure it was the right system for me.

They have more things coming down the pipeline and are passionate about providing exceptional products.

8. MontanaMarine

MontanaMarine Well-Known Member

I've been using a SLIK Sprint 150 with a 65mm Vortex Razor. Max height is 64", but wind will push it around if it's up that high. Weight with the ball head is about 2.3 lbs.

It's not bad. I have been looking at the SLIK Sprint Mini to save about a half pound, since I generally use it sitting.

Here's a few pics of the Slik Sprint 150 with the 65mm Razor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wjarrell likes this.