Lightweight stock options for Savage action

I was in the same predicament. Couldn't find anything in Canada for a 110 LA. Ended up ordering a MDT LSS. First savage and chassis. We will see how it goes.
I bought the same chassis last year for my Savage model 12 heavey barrel in 6.5 creedmoor and love it, but it is by no means what I would call light. They have a new one called the XRS that is real interesting

I'll look into it. My concern is also weight. My chassis should be here Monday. Has anyone ran a chassis with a 3-4-5 contour barrel? Was wondering how bad it will look with a small contour barrel.

If I new what to order I would of just ordered a Boyd's. but I have no idea as to what bottom metal will work or fit. Multiple emails to savage and no replies. Multiple phone calls and no one answers the phone. If this is what savage customer support looks like it will definitely be my last.

Thanks grouse. I have had guys on here try to help me lots. I don't know how to post pics. But have sent pictures to a few guys. All I know is I have a 110 LA which used to be a 30-06. Top bolt release. All I have is the action, trigger and action screws. Need a bottom metal with trigger guard. I've collected so many parts for builds over the years, but this first time savage project is unbelievably hard. This is why I finally went with a chassis because it's got a trigger guard and mag well built in. Didn't really want a chassis , but I'm frustrated and just gave up.

I see the XRS is short action only right now. Have a guy sending pictures tonight of a factory stock with bottom metal. I'm sure the factory stuff isn't great. But if I pillar it and bed it may work. Wanted gun at 10 lbs max with scope.

Sell off some duck hunting gear and get a big horn or similar......the price per lb for the action will work out way cheaper than the price per lb of duck filets. Just sayin!

Hey, I was just looking at Brown's Precision website, they make custom stocks. Might give them a look?
Take Care
Brown's doesn't make any savage stocks. I talked with Mark Brown a few times when I ordered my stock from him for a Remington 700. Great guy,great stock,but no savage options.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.