Lightweight stock options for Savage action

LiveToHunt7

Searched and couldn't find an answer.

Looking for carbon fiber or lightweight stock options for a Savage long action. Been hard to find. Looking for suggestions. Barrel will be an X-caliber carbon fiber barrel in a small/medium contour.

Thank you.

Hey, I was just looking at Brown's Precision website, they make custom stocks. Might give them a look?
Take Care

XLR magnesium chassis is 28oz if yo use the carbon fiber butt stock. I run one on my 6.5x47 and have an Xcaliber CF barrel also, shoots great ! Use the bag rider if you get one

XLR magnesium chassis is 28oz if yo use the carbon fiber butt stock. I run one on my 6.5x47 and have an Xcaliber CF barrel also, shoots great ! Use the bag rider if you get one
I have two of these chassis, ones a Tikka LA, other is rem700 LA. I do like them a lot. My only complaint is the lack of rigidity in the forend. I installed lightweight arca rails and it really stiffened em up.

I have two of these chassis, ones a Tikka LA, other is rem700 LA. I do like them a lot. My only complaint is the lack of rigidity in the forend. I installed lightweight arca rails and it really stiffened em up.
I have two of these also in magnesium, both folding one short & one long and don't have any movement or flex in either. I just tried to twist it and it is super stiff, I think I could use it to pop a tire off a rim. Where are you getting the movement ?

I was in the same predicament. Couldn't find anything in Canada for a 110 LA. Ended up ordering a MDT LSS. First savage and chassis. We will see how it goes.

I was in the same predicament. Couldn't find anything in Canada for a 110 LA. Ended up ordering a MDT LSS. First savage and chassis. We will see how it goes.
I liked installing the barrel and seeing how it shot so much, that I ordered a Remage for my 300 RUM. Pretty cool.

OP, if you have an older 110 action, the only thing I could find with google fu was the McMillan Game Warden. They may have a few more, but not sure, they were even limited. Manners didn't have anything either. If looking or synthetic with a little less $$$ Bell and Carlson may be an option.

Thank you for everyone for your help. Looking at all the options but choices are limited. I really liked the AG Composites stocks. May just need to buy a custom action........when I'm rich.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.