Lightweight Scopes

Any of these scope particularly good or to be avoided? Really appreciate all the assistance.
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm 13oz $399
Leupold VX-R 4-12x40mm FireDot Wind-Plex 14.6oz $579
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm 19.2oz $769
Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x44 Zplex 17oz $699
Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 BRH 12-14oz $649
Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 Plex 12-14oz $643
Trijicon Huron 3-12x40 BDC Hunter Holds 17.8oz $458
US Optics 3-12x42mm 18oz $480
Zeiss CONQUEST V4 3-12x44 16.6oz $699

You can readily accomplish the stated goals using an SWFA 6x or 10x scope for $300. Weighs 20 ounces. Highly reliable for dialing but also has a mil quad reticle for holding if desired. Easily buy two for both rifles and seekins rings.

Is the Swarovski Z3 line any good? What are your personal opinions on FFP and SFP?
I use the Swarovski Z3, 4-12x 50 with BRH reticle weighs 14.5 oz. on my three lightweight rifles. A NULA 300WM, NULA 6.5PRC and 280AI Custom Rem 700. Absolutely reliable, repeatable and accurate. I also own Nightforce and Leupold. Honestly, it comes down to how you hunt and personal preferences.

If you want light, go Leupold or Swarovski. Buy quality aluminum rings RE: Nightforce Ultra-Lights. You rifle DESERVES a great optice, not "plain Jane". PM sent

If you want light, go Leupold or Swarovski. Buy quality aluminum rings RE: Nightforce Ultra-Lights. You rifle DESERVES a great optice, not "plain Jane". PM sent

My plain jane and your plain jane are different. Leopold makes the 3Xi with several options. The OP might not need tall dialable turrents, illumintion, side focus or other options, every one of which adds weight.

The rifle will sit on an AR-10 chambered in 7mm-08 w/18" criterion. I will use the rifle to plink sheep targets up to 500 yards and as a backup on deer/elk I have about $1500 I can spend but I'd be more comfortable around $1k. I'm open to FFP or SFP - I have been considering grabbing one of each since I have a 308 MK-V needing a scope too. I'm looking for a max magnification between 9-20. My eyes are starting to go so illuminated is nice but not a must have. At the end of the day I'd like a scope that's simple to learn, doesn't cover the entire target at 500 yards. For the last 20 years I've been doing more rim fire and peep sites with the occasional 2.5-8 VX-iii thrown in (back in the 90's fixed 10x in the military). - I feel I'm basically starting over so my preferences aren't set.
Some of Leupold's VX6s are on great sales right now. I believe even the 4-24 meets your weight desire. I noticed them on Eurooptic the other day. I'm not saying they have best price so do some research.

Want other than an SWFA, I'd just buy the best NXS that fits your needs. Used ones are under $1500. I don't like messing around with scopes that don't dial well though so ymmv. And I don't use warranties so that rules out a few others.

A 7mm-08 with an 18" barrel used out to 500 is going to require the ability to dial in my opinion.

IMO, to get the MOST of his rifle, he will eventually need turrets, Hold over at 500 yards is a guess. His rifle is NOT a cheap Bushmaster from Academy. Irs a great long range set up, way past 500 capability. All he needs is a GREAT scope and a Geislle trigger ar 1.5#