Lightweight Rifle Recommendations

Kuiu and Remington teamed up to make the (ultimate sheep rifle) and I really like what they came up with. This would be what I'd go with, although you could probably buy the parts and have a gunsmith put it together for a lot less.
https://www.remington.com/custom-shop/classic-series-rifles/model-700/ultimate-sheep-rifle

The Weatherby Mark V six lug weighs the same for less than half the price. It comes with a 24" barrel in 240 Wby. Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, 270 Win., 308 Win, and 30-06.

The Weatherby Mark V six lug weighs the same for less than half the price. It comes with a 24" barrel in 240 Wby. Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, 270 Win., 308 Win, and 30-06.

Why wouldn't you just start with a good action like a stiller, lone peak, surgeon, Rim country, etc that has a ton of choices for stocks etc to go with it.

Why wouldn't you just start with a good action like a stiller, lone peak, surgeon, Rim country, etc that has a ton of choices for stocks etc to go with it.

If you are asking me... I think I checked those the other day. There were several sights I looked at. I want a three lug type design and light. I think my next rifle will be built on a titanium with three lugs.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.