Lightweight recoil pad suggestions?

DJ Fergus

Looking for suggestions on lighter weight recoil pads that will still reasonably dampen recoil. I'm getting ready to put together a lightweight 7mm rem mag. I have mostly used limbsavers in the past. Can any one tell me if a kick eez, pachmyer, or another recoil pad comparable in recoil dampening would be any lighter than a limbsaver?

cohunt

Superlight? Try the microcell from hastings , 3 thicknesses 3 weights, all superlight I got the middle thickness and after grind it came out as 1.7 oz

Last edited:

jrock

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Micocell if you want weight reduction. The 1/2" pad once ground comes in at less than 1 oz and actually works. I'd go with a 1" pad on the 7mm mag though. I really like the Limbsaver airtech pads too. Lighter than a regular pad and works better. Not near as light as the micro cells though.

Jack C Patterson

Looking for suggestions on lighter weight recoil pads that will still reasonably dampen recoil. I'm getting ready to put together a lightweight 7mm rem mag. I have mostly used limbsavers in the past. Can any one tell me if a kick eez, pachmyer, or another recoil pad comparable in recoil dampening would be any lighter than a limbsaver?
I've got a Pachmyers on my X-3 7mm RM and a Limbsaver on my Model 70 7mm RM, recoil is very manageable. No differently between the two.

Dosh

The Hastings are generally used for shotguns, but I've seen some on rifles ground to fit. I like the Pachmayr and Limbsavers with great relief of recoil.

KurtB

Buy some size 13 flip flops at walmart and carve a few out. Attach with glue. Superlight and when one wears out, cut out another. They make for some amazingly light pads. Variety of colors too lol.

DJ Fergus

I
Buy some size 13 flip flops at walmart and carve a few out. Attach with glue. Superlight and when one wears out, cut out another. They make for some amazingly light pads. Variety of colors too lol.
I saw some pictures online where some one done that and it turned out to look really good after they shaped and sanded it. Looked like a factory job

KurtB

I've done one so far and if working on a lightweight wouldn't hesitate to do another. Matte black flip flop. Maybe $8 for enough material to do 4 pads.

DJ Fergus

I've done one so far and if working on a lightweight wouldn't hesitate to do another. Matte black flip flop. Maybe $8 for enough material to do 4 pads.
What glue seems to work the best? I'm guessing that something like contact cement, boat carpet glue or shoe repair glue would work.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts