Lightweight mid range hunting stock?

I built a .280AI as light as possible back before the Defiance AnTi came out.
R700 LA BDL trued (it was my 2nd build on this action)
Fluted bolt
Carbon fiber knob
Alloy bolt shroud
Ti firing pin and Wolfe Blitzschnell spring
Manners EH1 pillars and bedded
Shilen match trigger
PT&G .25" recoil lug
26" Proof Sendero Light w. Hawkins 3 port brake
R700 factory alloy BDL w mag box/spring/follower
Seekins alloy 20MOA rail
Seekins alloy 30mm medium rings
Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15×50
Flatline Ops level
As shown, 8lbs 9oz.
Remove the Hawkins brake, add a TBAC CB brake and TBAC Ultra 9 suppressor, and it is 9lbs 3oz.

The LPA Fuzion is an awesome action. I have two in the Ti version. You won't be sorry.

So I'm not trying to get a good comfortable stock for most positions and if I can't break the weight range then step into carbon barrel
You might save a few ounces with a carbon depending on which on you use but there not a huge weight savings.
Proof would probably save you the most weight versus a med sporter conture steel barrel about 6oz difference depending on caliber.

I built a .280AI as light as possible back before the Defiance AnTi came out.
R700 LA BDL trued (it was my 2nd build on this action)
Fluted bolt
Carbon fiber knob
Alloy bolt shroud
Ti firing pin and Wolfe Blitzschnell spring
Manners EH1 pillars and bedded
Shilen match trigger
PT&G .25" recoil lug
26" Proof Sendero Light w. Hawkins 3 port brake
R700 factory alloy BDL w mag box/spring/follower
Seekins alloy 20MOA rail
Seekins alloy 30mm medium rings
Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15×50
Flatline Ops level
As shown, 8lbs 9oz.
Remove the Hawkins brake, add a TBAC CB brake and TBAC Ultra 9 suppressor, and it is 9lbs 3oz.

The LPA Fuzion is an awesome action. I have two in the Ti version. You won't be sorry.
Oh wow that's impressive.

I really want to try a lone peak otherwise I would of went with the antix but Until my build because impossible with weight I am dead set on trying a fuzion. Very excited about it. Will be my 7th custom action all from various brands. Trying to gather my own opinion on which action is the best lol so buying 1 from each manufacturer slowly.

You might save a few ounces with a carbon depending on which on you use but there not a huge weight savings.
Proof would probably save you the most weight versus a med sporter conture steel barrel about 6oz difference depending on caliber.
I'd be leaning on #5 fluted as I prefer the idea of steel barrel, and #5 is a good compromise on accuracy vs weight but may step to a number 4 if I have too. The carbon I'd be leaning towards would be hell's canyon armoury or hardy. I have a hell's canyon and love it and my buddy has a hardy and it's awesome too. It looks like I'd be saving pretty good amount from a carbon to steel when I took a look online. #5fluted seems to range 3.25-3.6lbs which is 52-57oz basically. The hells canyons seem to be 36oz to 46oz depending on length and caliber

My 300 Win finished at 10 lbs
Borden Timberline
#3 Brux
McMillan gamescout regular fill
Jewel trigger
Obendorf BDL hinged floor plate
Wyatt extended box
NF SHV.
Holland brake

as far as a carbon barrel look into Helix 6. I really like mine so far on my 25-284. Not cheap but less than a proof last year when I bought mine. Can connect you to my smith in Canada if interested in a Helix6. He also makes a really nice self timing brake which is contoured to the barrel without the big nut.

My 300 Win finished at 10 lbs
Borden Timberline
#3 Brux
McMillan gamescout regular fill
Jewel trigger
Obendorf BDL hinged floor plate
Wyatt extended box
NF SHV.
Holland brake

as far as a carbon barrel look into Helix 6. I really like mine so far on my 25-284. Not cheap but less than a proof last year when I bought mine. Can connect you to my smith in Canada if interested in a Helix6. He also makes a really nice self timing brake which is contoured to the barrel without the big nut.

who's your smith? He brings in helix6 barrels?

I don't understand how it works for you. When the border was open I'd see tons of Canadians coming down here to do grocery shopping and I know several people who own retail stores who almost specifically sell to Canadians. Can you not just order something from the US? I order things from Canada from time to time if the price is better than down here. Did Trump tearing up NAFTA mess this deal up? I thought you could buy anything made in USA with no tax just like we can buy anything made in Canada with no tax.
500 usd limit,, and the exporter has to make sure it's ok to ship,no longer itar a different dept,trump had the export rules relaxed on some items fyi,kelly

You might look into a XLR magnesium chassis with carbon fiber but stock. I just got one it's super lite, I like the feel. No bedding needed just bolt on and go shoot. Plus you can attach any extras like arcs rails, bi pods and whatever super easy. I use the chassis on multiple action so it saves money in the long run. I'm getting where I prefer the feel of a chassis over a conventional stock

I have one with a Proof barrel channel and it's 27 oz.

You might look into a XLR magnesium chassis with carbon fiber but stock. I just got one it's super lite, I like the feel. No bedding needed just bolt on and go shoot. Plus you can attach any extras like arcs rails, bi pods and whatever super easy. I use the chassis on multiple action so it saves money in the long run. I'm getting where I prefer the feel of a chassis over a conventional stock
Does that sstock fit all the XLR chassis,thx kelly

My opinion it would be hard too beat the quality of AG carbon fiber stocks I also have the Alpine going to order the Cat in the near future the have several options mine shoots better than any rifles I have thats glass bedded so far I cant see the need in glassing it I was surprised

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.