Lightweight AR10?

A friend of mine asked me to put together a parts list for a lightweight AR 10 last summer. He never did build it but this is what I came up with:
AR10 Parts List

Would have been right around 7lbs before scope. It's pretty tough to get much less than that and still have full functionality depending on what you're wanting to do with it.

I just sent a request for access to the file.

Uhhh, here's my little whip:

13704241-1E2D-439E-86EB-8DA4EB9C3436.jpeg

5lbs 4oz.

Anyone build one? I'd like to have one in .260 Rem or 7mm-08 at 7lbs or less (not including mounts and glass). 20" barrel would be a minimum. 6x42 Leupold, Aero lightweight mount or maybe some Warne high lightweight rings.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, links, etc to get started.
In a 308 it's easy, but a 260 or 7m08 with that short of barrel can be a pain for proper function? Smoke Composites will have some light weight stocks, grips and fore ends. Brigand Arms also has some lite products as @cohunt does. Installing the hg is a pain! The hg nut is what makes it a pain! 2A has some lighter receivers, titanium pins, mag release and more products and SLR has the better lite adjustable gb. JP lo-mass bcg for more weight savings.

I chambered an AR10 from a shot out Krieger 10T FTR barrel. Salvaged a good 20 inch. Turned down the section under the handguard to a contour that made a nice balance.

OP, if you end up with somewhat heavier than what you want, as long as it is not melonited (hard on bits) you can have it lightened.

I have a 300 WSM and 7-08 I believe are both under 10# with scope so puts it in the area. I will check them. I did find the right scope makes and breaks the gun as sometimes a balanced gun feels better than even a lighter gun.