• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Lightweight AR-15 upper

JasonAL

Thought I would try here before starting the search for parts.
Looking for a lightweight AR-15 upper, pencil barrel profile chambered in .223 or .223 wylde. 16" length with a 8 twist.

I am running a Rock River Arms mountain lite, it's under 6lbs with my ACOG on it. It shoots sub MOA as well. Take a look and you won't have to hassle with building it.

The rock river is 9 twist. I've built several just not any chambered in .223, this will be for my dad after shoulder surgery. $610 for the upper only seems a little high for a Rock River build. My rough price list was $400-$450 with a faxon match barrel, reusing an upper receiver.

what grain bullet are you going to use? if you want lighter recoil you will want lighter bullets for shoulder surgery so a 1/9 is perfect :)

Sounds good, post what you build! exciting to see what you can get on your budget.

A Faxon Pencil Barrel would do what your looking for.
They shoot good too.
I have that barrel in a just over 4# build without optic. Good barrel and help around 1.5moa of high fire rate of 300 rounds. Works for me!

Attachments

• 20220507_135650.jpg
    20220507_135650.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 11
The receivers are poly and the ejection door is also. If still wanting parts list, then I'll list it.