• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lightweight .264 Win Mag Rifle

Ramblin99

Looking to buy a lightweight .264 win mag bolt rifle. Needs to be 6 lbs or less. Prefer 22-24" barrel. A brake would be nice. 1 MOA accuracy is fine. Synthetic stock only. A custom is fine too. I'm not looking to be in any particular price range. I know, it's a needle in a haystack, but thought I would give it a try here before having one built. If you have something I might be interested in, please don't respond in this thread, but send me a PM instead. Would be interested in a barreled action also. Thanks for looking.

Keith

Looking to buy a lightweight .264 win mag bolt rifle. Needs to be 6 lbs or less. Prefer 22-24" barrel. A brake would be nice. 1 MOA accuracy is fine. Synthetic stock only. A custom is fine too. I'm not looking to be in any particular price range. I know, it's a needle in a haystack, but thought I would give it a try here before having one built. If you have something I might be interested in, please don't respond in this thread, but send me a PM instead. Would be interested in a barreled action also. Thanks for looking.

Keith
I ve got a model 92 from Cooper in 6.5x284....They were willing to make it in 264 win yet I was set on it having a 26" barrel in that caliber so I went with the 6.5x284. It shoots great. Just a thought...At 92 ounces and a 24" barrel it might be what you're looking for..

Thanks, MTS. I have a Cooper 92 in .300WM and it's a joy to shoot. I noticed an M52 Excaliber on GB yesterday in .264WM, but the Excaliber is too heavy. I have a custom in 6.5 GAP 4S and probably should be happy with that cartridge. It's a hammer. .264WM is one of those calibers I've always wanted to own. But 6.5x284 is also a great choice.

I wanted the same thing that you're looking for. the 264win is the grandfather of the 6.5s and with handloading comes within 150fps of the "new" hotrods 6.5s. I had Cooper put together a 264 win in Long Range Hunter with a 26" carbon barrel. Shoots 0.5 MOA and weighs in at 7.5#. Great to pack around and drops everything I've squeezed the trigger on....Great caliber. Good luck with your search.