Lightfield ammo still in business??

smithjasona1978

So I have been searching for some Lightfield 3.5 inch slugs for a while now and they are sold out everywhere. Not only the 3.5 inch but all Lightfield ammo is out of stock. Does anyone know what situation is with the company? They still have a website, but the most recent news that has been posted on it is from 2015. Anyone have any info?

I shot Lightfield's the very first year they were available for sale in my area. ABSOLUTE DEER HAMMERS. Then I tried their 12ga 3" Commander IDS slugs and I might as well hit the deer with a Ozinga cement truck they hit them so hard. IIRC they were launching a 1-3/8oz slug (600 grains) at 1400fps/mv.

Also VERY accurate out of both my 512 and A-Bolt solid 1.5" 100 yard groups.
Only reason I started using Federal Barnes Tipped Expander sabot slugs was the C/IDS Lightfields started to drop like a brick past 130 yards and 150 was absolutely it for them. I've made enough shots on deer at 200-225 with the Federal Barnes to have been worth the switch.

Smithjasona: Try reloading SPW slugs that are similar to the Lightfields. You get to control the same attributes of performance like metallic reloading and is not that difficult to do. Here are some discussions that I have had on this on another site.
Link: SPW - 1

So I have been searching for some Lightfield 3.5 inch slugs for a while now and they are sold out everywhere. Not only the 3.5 inch but all Lightfield ammo is out of stock. Does anyone know what situation is with the company? They still have a website, but the most recent news that has been posted on it is from 2015. Anyone have any info?
I read your post and saw you we're looking for Lightfield 3 1/2 " slugs . I know where you could get some at this difficult time call me 609 338 -3066. If I didn t disclose the location in this post so you have a chance at them.

l've got plenty of the Lightfield 3.5" sabot your looking for so if you still have an interest message me back!

Attachments

• 73E6325D-DADF-44EA-8B79-ECD61DCFA3B8.jpeg
    73E6325D-DADF-44EA-8B79-ECD61DCFA3B8.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 202
I have some NOS 3.5 Lightfields if you still have an interest in getting some?