LIGHTEST FFP Scope

I didn't know Swaro made a FFP scope.

The Vortex LHT is a nice scope for the price, but the 3-15 is a SFP. Can't wait to see what the new FFP specs out as, and if they are as nice as the 3-15. I actually wish they just went FFP with the 3-15 though.

For me, I will take top quality over saving 6-8oz in a scope. My choice for a lightweight FFP is Tangent Theta TT315M (or TT315H). The issue is they are still 27oz.
Swaro doesn't make a FFP to my knowledge.

I ran a Vortex LHT last weekend in the 3-15. It's a really nice scope and the glass can't be beat for the money, but like you I don't understand them not coming out with a FFP. Not a fan of there MIL reticle either.

Looks like we are sticking with the March on this build.

I have a Z5 on my 7 SAUM sheep rifle—it dials to 545 with ease it is around 17oz. 3x18 magnification…but is SFP…and yeah Swarovski does not to my knowledge make a FFP…I really like this option:

24 oz and pretty good glass—a lot like my old 3x12 LRHS…also 3x15 TT is the cream…good stuff—I've never had the scratch at the time to cough up 4K—but would if I could…

This is a pretty hard ask.
Dial/turrets+lightweight+FFP = Not reliable. If set it an forget it, I think you can get away with it, but I have not found reliability dialing and lightweight in the same category.

Granted, I have not stroked "all" scopes, but anything moving needs to be beefy/rugged and that usually doesn't compute to lightweight.

Interested to see what folks come up with.

I have a March 3-24x52,its light compared to other offerings that are similar specs.It lives on a 7-2oz 338NM last 6 years.I hunt hard and baha around in my jeep and rifle is strapped to roll cage.Survived this and didnt loose zero 23 oz. Scope has been dialed a lot,Hunting and busting rocks across canyons,

Attachments

• IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    922.8 KB · Views: 135
Swaro doesn't make a FFP to my knowledge.

I ran a Vortex LHT last weekend in the 3-15. It's a really nice scope and the glass can't be beat for the money, but like you I don't understand them not coming out with a FFP. Not a fan of there MIL reticle either.

Looks like we are sticking with the March on this build.
FYI they make a FFP now.

I'd go with a march or the new LHT 4.4-22. I have the 3-15 and 4.4-22 LHT and they are both great scopes. the 4.4 is very light for it's features and has great glass. It's not SB glass, but for what you're after. it's very hard to beat.

I did just remember that Vortex just recently announced a new scope series the Razor HD LHT. The 3-15x42 is listed as 19.1oz, but I have bit looked through one yet so I cannot attest to its glass quality.

I own a Razor HD LHT 3-15X42. The glass very good, on par with Leupold...

That's what I had thought. Earlier someone said the smaller scope was made in ffp too, but haven't seen one

Recent Posts