Lighter scope for 6.5 SAUM - recommendations, please

Lethal_Chica

Looking to trade out my heavy 37oz scope on my 6.5 SAUM for something lighter. Would like max power 15 to 20, mil dot, FFP, and some type of zero stop preferred. Recommendations appreciated. Thanks, Victoria

1608221738389.png

I ended up buying a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 with the zmoa t30i retical. I was at cabelas to put my hand on these. I didn't like any of the retical in the Leopold line so those were out. The Swaros were very nice and I loved how lightweight they were and with arguably the best glass they were hard to rule out ultimately because they limited my distance because lack of elevation adjustment. The Zeiss was just the best all round option and was heavy on features without adding too much weight and at a good price. But, the Zeiss is SFP & MOA

I ended up buying a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 with the zmoa t30i retical. I was at cabelas to put my hand on these. I didn't like any of the retical in the Leopold line so those were out. The Swaros were very nice and I loved how lightweight they were and with arguably the best glass they were hard to rule out ultimately because they limited my distance because lack of elevation adjustment. The Zeiss was just the best all round option and was heavy on features without adding too much weight and at a good price. But, the Zeiss is SFP & MOA
Thanks for the info. Really want to stay with Mil.

March 3-24x52 should fit all your needs... ffp, mil, 24oz, great glass, Awsome turrets.

I've had mine (in Moa) for the past couple years and love it. Usually sits above my 6.5rsaum barrel during hunting season, then whatever barrel is the flavor of the month after that...

Orch

I went to a S&B polar 4-16. Great in the low light at the end of the day or at first light. I'm using the P4 reticle. It doesn't have the amount of adjustment other scopes do, but it has everything I need for hunting to 5-600 yards which is my intent. I have it in Hawkins ultra lightweights. Saves probably a 3/4 pound over my S&B PMII in Badger rings and is better in low light. The only downside is for target shooting (not issues for hunting at least not for me) in that I gave up adjustment range and magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.