Lighter recoil

mp214parks

How much difference will it make on my 300 RUM from a 150gr to a 100 gr.

For that matter any recommendations, mainly looking for a sheep/plinking load.

I don't want a muzzle break, so looking to lighten the recoil.

www.hodgdon.com/PDF/Youth%20Loads.pdf

Above Link is to Hodgdon Youth Reduced Recoil(and Velocity) Load Data

Also in the past I have emailed Hodgdon and requested specific data and have received just the info I wanted in a very timely manner and same by phone, Thanks Hodgdon!

Good luck in your Quest

-Mike

The ONLY Place Gun Control Belongs is During Recoil gun)

about a 25% recoil reduction but, recoil difference felt by one may be different for another. IMHO-plinking and 300 rum don't go hand in hand. Sheep ??? at what distance?

Last edited:
With SR4759, I can load my RUM down to a .308 easy. Check Lyman 49th edition. Look at their CB loading.

You might also look into a Limbsaver recoil pad. I think it made a night/day difference on my shoulder, with my 300 and 338 RUMs. On both my Rem 700 with composite stock and the Stainless Stalker A-Bolt, the pads were drop in fits. Took about ten minutes to replace both.

I also load a 165gr SST for deer hunting, at 30-06 speeds. Kind of following the Remington sales campaign of three power levels for the 300RUM. One approximates 30-06, two equals the 300WinMag and three is full power Ultra Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.