Light weight tents

I just got the seek outside lil bug out and vestibule. I've only set it up in the yard so far but plan to use it on a high country mule deer hunt this fall. Packs down pretty small and is under 30oz. I got the stove jack for future use with a stove. Two guys that like each other could no problem share this tent .With the stove I think it will limit it to a single guy though. Cool thing about the bug out is its modular so you can add to it and change the size from the single base or add the vestibule or add the tarp between the base and vestibule to make it really big

I just got the seek outside lil bug out and vestibule. I've only set it up in the yard so far but plan to use it on a high country mule deer hunt this fall. Packs down pretty small and is under 30oz. I got the stove jack for future use with a stove. Two guys that like each other could no problem share this tent .With the stove I think it will limit it to a single guy though. Cool thing about the bug out is its modular so you can add to it and change the size from the single base or add the vestibule or add the tarp between the base and vestibule to make it really big

Have the six man tipi. With the titanium stove. The stove is not from seek. With the stove it works well for 2 people and fair amount of gear. Could probably have 3 people but starts to get a little crowded. It works quit well and is easy to set up. It's been used on back country deer and elk hunts and the stove will run you out. But you do have to stoke them quite often to keep the fire going. But when you're wet and cold believe me this is no problem. Been there and done it without the stove, but don't plan on doing it again. One thing that I believe is important, get the liner when you purchase your tent. We tried it without the liner and they do drip water on you. The liner really helps. Good luck

A local guy in the Panhandle of Idaho is making tipi's and is a little cheaper than Seek and alot cheaper than Kifaru using the same material. Where he differs is that he is adding a awning that comes of the side of the same silnylon that can also be used as it's own standalone shelter. I think he's only on Facebook, look up Selkirk Mountain Gear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190513-072327_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190513-072327_Chrome.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 358
I have Kifaru 12 Tipi and the Sawtooth models with 13 years of use for fly-in hunts. We love em!........Seek Outside is now popular here also

I experimented with collapsible stoves gave up as we don't have enough firewood to fuel em. I've used the 4 Dog titanium for 12 years with great success but they've gone up in price and are too bulky for backpacking.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.