Light weight lowlight scope

Excavator

I am building a small pack/ truck gun. Chambered in 22 creed. Looking for options on a scope. Want very clear glass for lowlight and great tracking. Was thinking of sticking with Swarovski z8i, but entertaining other options. I have several nsx NF however the glass is horrible in low light in my opinion. Probably something with a 42 mm bell, or similar. This is not going to be my deer rifle. It's primary use will be plinking and shooting coyotes and hogs. Does NF offer a better option for lowlight? I love their moa ret. was thinking about kahles also.

Thats a pretty big budget for a truck gun lol. Trijiconor Leupold vxr. The lighted reticle is great in low light. Not light weight though. The illuminated dot on the center of the vxr crosshair works very well in low light.

With farther research, the builder talked me into the atacr 4-16x50 F2. So I guess light weight is out the window. Worse case I can always put it on my range gun. From what I am reading the atacr is much better in low light then the nsx.

If its a truck gun for quick ish shots. Id want something with a much wider fov. The new khales 1-8 is slick or even just going with the new razor hd gen iii would be good too. Esp since im assuming ur shots will be <300 yards. No need to have anything in the teen power range. But will be much nicerto have thatt 1 or 2 power low end.

Have you looked at NX8? It's better than NXS and slightly inferior to atacr but about 10oz less.
I would stay with Z8i, I doubt there are better options for low light.

With farther research, the builder talked me into the atacr 4-16x50 F2. So I guess light weight is out the window. Worse case I can always put it on my range gun. From what I am reading the atacr is much better in low light then the nsx.

Personally I wouldn't have a NF on a hunting rifle, they are physically too big and much too heavy.. JMO

I am building a small pack/ truck gun. Chambered in 22 creed. Looking for options on a scope. Want very clear glass for lowlight and great tracking. Was thinking of sticking with Swarovski z8i, but entertaining other options. I have several nsx NF however the glass is horrible in low light in my opinion. Probably something with a 42 mm bell, or similar. This is not going to be my deer rifle. It's primary use will be plinking and shooting coyotes and hogs. Does NF offer a better option for lowlight? I love their moa ret. was thinking about kahles also.
I used the Z-3 3-10 for a similiar rifle and have been very happy with it so far

I carry my rifles, walk quite a bit. So I like 1" tube scopes.. 4.5x14, 3.5x10 or even 3x9.. Swaro's are pretty nice,
I use Leupolds as well. My issue is, I'm not going to carry a 30oz. scope around to make 3-400 yard shots. That's my style of hunting. I understand for longer ranges something else might be more desirable.. However I can reliably hit an 8'' gong at 500 and to me that's a pretty good poke. Pretty easy to get closer to most game.

Good quality scopes are relatively heavy due to all the gubbins they put in them to dampen recoil etc.
As for the object lens we shoot legally from 1 hour before dawn to 1 hour after sunset so all my scopes , Swarovski, Zeiss and S&B, have a 56 mm object lens.
This gives maximum light gathering which is also useful on a dull day under trees.

I carry my rifles, walk quite a bit. So I like 1" tube scopes.. 4.5x14, 3.5x10 or even 3x9.. Swaro's are pretty nice,
I use Leupolds as well. My issue is, I'm not going to carry a 30oz. scope around to make 3-400 yard shots. That's my style of hunting. I understand for longer ranges something else might be more desirable.. However I can reliably hit an 8'' gong at 500 and to me that's a pretty good poke. Pretty easy to get closer to most game.
If you can find a Zeiss Conquest, that may do it for you. 1 inch tube and I think 42 MM also. I sold mine a couple of years ago and still kicking myself in the butt.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.