light weight long range barrel for 243 wssm

timmyatnop

I have permission to junt some really goid sand hill ground 15 sections. Sounds great huh. Heres the kicker the ground is all one piece and the land owner says it has never been driven on. Hes says i can walk in and hunt but not drive.. its not been hunted ever amd theres some trees clains on it but its a 2.5 mile walk in to the first one. Now iam not in the shape i was 25 years ago. Hence the light weight barrel. Iam thinking 26 inches but dont know what one to get. Amy help woll be appreicated thanks.

Stick with a factory barrel that has its bore chrome plated especially if you are going to use factory bullets. If you reload you will have to reduce the velocity to under 3,600 fps to prevent burning out an after market barrel that is not chrome plated. Ask me how I know.

Personally I would sell your rifle and buy a new one in .243 Winchester which will get close to the .243 WSSM, but more accurate and your barrels will last much longer. You will also be able to find ammo in any sporting goods store and the price will be less than half of the WSSM.

joseph

That doent sound too bad but. Iam thinking of having this gun built i have a few long range guns already but , There was to heavy for this excursion .. Iam planning on shooting the berger 115berger proubly just push her to a thousand or so..?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.