light weight .cheaper longrange rifle.

timmyatnop

I have an idea tell me what u think . Ok what about buying a ruger American rifle. There pretty light weight. I belive the 308 has a 1-10 twist . A guy could buy it load up some 175 smk or whatever. If it wasnt accurate enough. Then sent it off for new barrel and action blueprint.

Why not buy something that is likely to be accurate right out of the box. Either a Savage or Tikka T3 lite. Maybe that Ruger is accurate but it's their low end model and none have a reputation for consistent accuracy. And even if you work on the Ruger it might not be that good. Only Ruger I might buy would be the African in 416 Ruger and accuracy it's top priority there.

Yea i hear what your saying. The only reason i thought that rifle was because. I read an article where ruger sent a a bunce of gun writers to some long range shooting place in texas to shoot that rifle. And these writers all said how accurate it was and that they shot targets to 1000 yards. With this rifle chambered in 30-06. With ziess conquest scopes. MABEY ITS ALL JUST PROPAGANDA AND THEIR IN CAHOOTS WITH RUGER.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts