light loads for 6.5 Creedmoor?

montana bob

I just recently purchased a Savage Lady Hunter chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. I couldn't find any brass for it at the time so I purchased a couple boxes of Hornady and figured on using the brass after the break in. To my surprise it had quite a wallop to it. I want to load some loads down for her to hunt with but I'm having some trouble finding minimum load data. Does anyone have any light load data for the Creedmoor? I appreciate any input. Thanks

I just started trying some RL17 in my Creedmoor and have noticed a reduce in recoil from my previous loads of H4350. I started at 42gr with a 130 gr bullet but you could go down to 39.2 gr of RL17. My hornady manual shows starting at 40.7 for 120's and 39.2 for 130's. My nosler manual doesn't list the creedmoor at all but you should be able to reduce 260 rem loads very slightly and start there with whatever powder you use. Maybe try 120 NBT or AMAX.

gary

100 grain partition, 100 grain TTSX, 120 grain anything. Start low in the powder charge (see hodgdon/alliant/western powder.com ) too see where you get the best accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts