Lieca scope thoughts!

snox801

So I have a 2-10 ER on my 6.5 and always like the glass. But the thought is always if it worth it. Well I can say low light I always am happy with most my scope as I have good scopes. But this year I was hunting into the sun two nights and noticed that the glare from even my bushnell elite was terrible and hard to see details of the animal.
Then I looked through my Leica. Holy smokes. It was great out of all 4 rifles and 4 bios the only two that were able to see detail were the Lieca.
Now keep in mind they cost double but was nice to know it's not a total waste.

I've owned many many scopes and binocs over the years.....from the cheapest imaginable to top shelf. I've come to the conclusion that I will cut corners on anything but glass. Leica and Swaro make the best binocs for my eyes and they last forever.
For dedicated hunting scopes S&B is my favorite. I only have 2 hunting rifles at the moment and they are wearing a S&B Exos and Swaro Z8i. The Swaro is every bit as clear and has a slightly wider field of view, and is lighter weight. The Exos simply cannot be any better. The illuminated center dot is crisper, its controls are more user friendly, end the turrets are far more solid and sturdy. Dialing yardage is easier with the Exos. I won't say the Z8i is fragile, it's not, but compared to the Exos it's not in the same class for ruggedness and damage proof.
I am about to get a smokin deal on a Leica Magnus 4-16, with the same illuminated center dot duplex. I've never owned a Leica scope or binocs but have used ones that belonged to a friend, and would put their stuff in the same league.
I'd hunt with a cheap rifle with good glass all day, but not the other way around. Just my thoughts.....

I got lucky and picked up a used pair of 3000 HD-B like new. I have the 2nd gen Geovids and love them!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.