Liberty Rifle Rods

Chadp82

Just wondering who has used the Liberty Safe Rods, or similar. https://www.libertysafe.com/products/rifle-rods

I recently purchased and installed and like the outcome, but I didn't get as much additional space as some online reviewers seem to. I can say, I gained room for maybe 1 to 2 long guns, albeit I don't have a very large safe. Most of my rifles in the safe I installed this are bolt action and scoped, which may be part of it. If i removed bolts, I could see where there would be a bigger improvement.

I can say, much easier to access rifles w/o having to remove 2 or 3 others. I was able to put them mostly side by side against the back wall vs. stacked in front of one another using the factory rack system. With the factory system, I still had to make it a side-by-side/staggered approach. Overall, the organization is a huge improvement. I may try a couple of configurations to get more out of it. Side by side, and front to back with scopes and bolts still gives limitations. If for no bolts or scopes, it would have yielded maybe 25% more capacity.

Again, just wondering what others have seen or perceptions of this system. Easy solution is larger safe :) But that's not in the cards at the moment....

I have them and my experience is very similar to yours. A definite improvement but didn't gain a ton of room. Scopes are the big limiting factor. I have not tried any different arrangements yet, so I don't have any recommendations outside of your observations here.

Recent Posts