LH Stocks for hunting/long range shooting

shedhunt

I am trying to find a good LH stock that is an all purpose stock for hunting (packing) and long range shooting. I wanted to purchase the Bell and Carlson m40, but not available in LH. Any suggestions????

I've got a left hand EH1 on order from Manners. It is amazingly light. If I need a higher comb, I'll add a Defensive Edge Cheek Piece.

-David

I have a Manners EH1 and a new model McM hunter. Both are awesome. I'd give the edge to the McMillian stock because it's a dedicated lefthand stock (not ambidextrous) and has awesome checkering.

Well, I'm a fan of the Gamescout by McMillan. Great design, good weight and I think that you can have the best of both worlds, as in good long range stock and very packable. I am currently running two of them----one on a 260 Ackley and one on a 6.5 SAUM.

Randy

Attachments

• Dead Reckon 011.jpg
    Dead Reckon 011.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 74
  • Dead Reckon 013.jpg
    Dead Reckon 013.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 89
mtnwrunner, that is a very sharp looking stock. Thank you for the recommendation and thank you to everyone else who has made some suggestions to my question. Lots to look at and lots to think of.

I use a Manners T3 on my gun. They also make the same stock with a more narrow fore end. With the M24 barrel and Bushnell HDMR its a pretty heavy package. Ill go with a Rem Varmint profile when this one is toast.

12%20-%201.jpg

Stocks are such a personal choice it's hard to tell someone else what they will like.

With today's choices, I like the looks of the McMillan A1-3, and the Manners MCS-T for an all-arounder.

Mine are older McMillan designs. They all three have their strengths.

The McMillan HTG is my favorite for carrying in my hands, and probably get's the most field time.

The A5 has excellent shooting ergonomics with high comb and vertical grip. A little chunky though.

The A2 is a good all arounder. Good ergos. This was my first LR rig, still happy with it.

montanamarine, those are 3 very impressive set ups you have. I see exactly what you are saying, I like the looks of all 3 and see where is comes into play with preference. My thing, is I don't own any stocks like these at all so I can only base off of factory stocks...thank you for your information...

I intend to put a Precision Stock Works stock on my next build. I am currently running two McMillian HTG adjustable stocks and like them a lot. I don't live too far from Precision Stock Works and have fondled just the stock and think it will be a very versatile stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.