Leupold's customer service--Excellent...

Back in 2017 I contacted Leupold to see if they could repair an old 3X with post and horizontal crosshair that went topsy-turvy. They said send it and they would look at it. I did. They contacted back that it could not be repaired and asked if I would consider a replacement. I said yes and got a BRAND NEW scope out of the custom shop. Enough said.

I have not used the warranty dept. in over 10 years, back then they were great. I did have a range finder that went bad, but they no longer made it. They gave me full credit of the original cost toward a new 2800, and it arrived in less than two weeks.

I've never had to send a Luepold scope in but did send one of their RX1000 rangefinders in couple years ago. They sent back a new 1200. They did the same upgrade on a pair of Binos. I've also had great customer service over the years with Burris, Remington, TC, Vortex, Swaroski, Badlands packs.

Sent 4 in January 1st. Received them back in 8 weeks.
Just sent another 2 - hope to get them back sooner.

they may be a little slower then vortex, but they have always rectified the issues the 1st time for me. I cannot say the same for vortex.

Hello, sometimes we are all too quick to negatively criticize a supplier. The negative posts always seem to outweigh the positive ones. Its important to hear the good ones as well. I had a scope that had a problem and I sent it back to Leupold for repair. You always expect to get a perfect product out of the box but there's always a chance of getting one that isn't. That was me. It took three times to get it ironed out but they fixed it. I know that they sensed my frustration during every call but every one that I spoke to always was polite and very willing to help. The scope works fine now and I appreciate the efforts that everyone made. They responded perfectly and considerately and I will not hesitate to use their products for my clients rifle builds. Thanks Leupold
I have 4 Leupold scopes dating from 40 years ago to last year. After about 20 years of use I had to send my original which was a 2 x 7 in and had it back within two weeks. Only problem I have ever had with one - The screw on end at the end of the scope had come off in my scabbard and luckily was still in the scabbard. I screwed it back on and it seemed okay but I sent it in anyway and they completely rebuilt it. I have packed my rifles around in scabbards on horses for years and that was the only issue. Love my Leupolds.

I have a number of Leupold scopes and have not had any problem so far. I have called them and emailed them a few times with questions and have had good service with that. My Granddad put a Leupold scope on His 30-06 in the early '70's and it is still on it today and has never needed repaired.
I have heard of many people having to send items in for repair with lots of manufactures with both good and bad experiences, some sound legit and some don't. I think some times we forget we are buying man made items and dealing with other humans. Some times we all fail and so will our products. Yes there are expectations that should be upheld, but some times they aren't, but if they turn a round and make it right I think that makes all well that ends well.

20 Leupold scopes owned and only 1 for repair, they are A+++ for customer service! Never had to call them, all handled by email, they are top notch USA company. I am going to be looking for a new pair of Binoculars at the end of the month and YES Leupold gets my business again.

you know who has excellent customer service? Meopta.

I bought a 2nd hand scope that had been banged around and had some particles on the inside lenses.
I made one phone call - can you fix it under warranty?
"yes, of course."
By the way, how much would it cost to change the reticle while you have it apart?
"Don't worry about it. I'll put it all down as a warranty issue, and I'll send you a new one with the reticle you want, so you dont have to wait around. "

nice.

I am glad Leupold has fixed there customer service for you guys. I remember all there adds in hunting magazines back in the day that mentioned there customer service. But then it went down hill along with their product. After the third time fixing my b i o n s and twice on the scope I sold the b i n o s and put the scope on a back up rifle. I eventually replaced that scope and never looked back. This was due to poor customer service. So glad they fixed there customer service but I'll never go back, I even quit been a dealer for them and there products. That's been over twenty years ago.

Countless Posts like this is why I refuse to use any more Leupold scopes. Sending a scope back three times isn't out of the ordinary with Leupold. Both Leupolds I've owned have had issues.
Their erector systems are not robust enough for dialing repeatedly and returning to zero when it's absolutely needed. Maybe their highest line is, who knows?
If you are a set it and forget it shooter who uses hold over and only shoots out to a few hundred yards then they would probably be OK.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.