Leupold's customer service--Excellent...

CWM-RHG

Previously Chuck Moles
Hello, sometimes we are all too quick to negatively criticize a supplier. The negative posts always seem to outweigh the positive ones. Its important to hear the good ones as well. I had a scope that had a problem and I sent it back to Leupold for repair. You always expect to get a perfect product out of the box but there's always a chance of getting one that isn't. That was me. It took three times to get it ironed out but they fixed it. I know that they sensed my frustration during every call but every one that I spoke to always was polite and very willing to help. The scope works fine now and I appreciate the efforts that everyone made. They responded perfectly and considerately and I will not hesitate to use their products for my clients rifle builds. Thanks Leupold

Hello, sometimes we are all too quick to negatively criticize a supplier. The negative posts always seem to outweigh the positive ones. Its important to hear the good ones as well. I had a scope that had a problem and I sent it back to Leupold for repair. You always expect to get a perfect product out of the box but there's always a chance of getting one that isn't. That was me. It took three times to get it ironed out but they fixed it. I know that they sensed my frustration during every call but every one that I spoke to always was polite and very willing to help. The scope works fine now and I appreciate the efforts that everyone made. They responded perfectly and considerately and I will not hesitate to use their products for my clients rifle builds. Thanks Leupold
It took three times for them to fix the scope and you're excited about that?
What was the issue?
This is making me hope my MK5's never have to go back...

Had a Redfield Revenge from Leupold that eventually went North. Sent it to them. A few days later they said that since they no longer carried the Revenge would I be interested in a replacement.... I said yes and they sent me a $550 replacement Leupold...over twice what I paid for Revenge.

Works for me!

Last one I had the reticle basically came unhinged. Impossible to dial and groups went to 9" at 100 yards. Kept thinking if that had happened on an expensive out of state hunt or long time to get draw tag I would have been sick. New brand of scope is stacking them in .5" at 100 yards on same rig, so all is good. Leupold fixed that last one for me and I then sold it.

My son in Alaska has had very good luck with customer service from Leupold. A few years ago He was driving a four wheeler up a mountain, missed a gear and rolled down the mountain. He had two rifles in scabbards on the wheeler. Both had Leupold scopes. One gun stock broke and the scope on the other gun actually broke. I sent him a new stock which he put the action on. He shot the rifle and the scope was still on the money. He sent the broken scope back to Leupold with a letter explaining what happened. They sent him a brand new scope. Now that is what I call dependability and great customer service.

I also had a Leupold come apart in preparation for an Elk hunt, 2 weeks from leaving, had to go to my backup gun. I was successful with a nice symmetrical 6X6. When I got back I contacted Leupold and they said send it in for warranty repair. Five weeks later I got it back with the explanation that the erector had to be replaced. I admit their service is good and could be considered exceptional by today's standards. My concern is reliability when you need it. Both Elk guns are now topped with Zeiss with varmit guns topped with Night force. I still have the repaired scope but that is the last one I have.

I gotta chime in. A few years back a friend of mine in NE Oregon had his VX-3 fail on him the day before his elk season opened. Upon calling Leupold in Portland at about 4pm on a Friday he got a tech on the phone right away. Understanding the gravity of the situation the tech asked my friend "well, can you meet me in Pendleton in about 2 hours?" They met in a parking lot in Pendleton and swapped new scope for old! Since then my friend has been a dedicated Leupold owner.

I have also personally received outstanding customer service from Leupold, Vortex, Spot Hogg, Talley Manufacturing, Exo Mountain Gear, and PSE Archery to name a few :) You are correct that we need to share the positive stories!

What was your turn around time on the fix? I just sent one in and got an email saying 7-8 weeks.

yeah, mine took over 2 months and they refused to give me any updates or discuss the scope. It just eventually showed up one day. But it could be worse. The previous defective scope return they simply lost. After a few months they admitted that it was their responsibility and sent back a "new" one to replace it. That one had the same problem so I sold it on gunbroker with a description of the issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.