Leupold warranty service

I know I have a buddy that sent in some OLD binoculars to get checked out for whatever reason, they were like the $200 ones from Walmart that he had since we were in HS(maybe longer) they ended up sending him a brand new set of BX-4s.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924
If you check no they will contact you to discuss your options. I have never had any problem with Leupold in many years of service by them, they are always great to deal with and will do anything in their ability to make you happy. Just buy a Nikon and you will know why everyone says that there is no warranty with Nikon no matter what Nikon tells you.

Leupy will fix you up... they fixed an older (bought used) vari-x 2 for me years back... only other optic I've ever had crap on me was a Nikon Binoc... they wanted $$ to fix and the lgs had to eat shipping. It went in the trash and I bought Leupy green rings...

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?

View attachment 334924
I have heard them sending something different back - one guy complained because of sentimental value.

I sent them a rangefinder and the customer service rep said they would send me an updated one and give me credit towards the new one. '[

View attachment 334924
I recently sent a scope identical

View attachment 334924
I recently sent a scope identical to yours back to Leupold for repair of turrets with imperceptible clicks. I had it back in five weeks. It works perfectly.

I have experience with their warranty department many times in dealing with customers' scope failures. If it's return to zero, tracking related or poi is shifting, I learned to simply tell them that the "scope lost zero". If you try to provide proof of the failure or talk them through how you reached that conclusion, they will dig their heels in and become very difficult to deal with. As if their products can't or don't fail. Customer service goes to hell at that point.

The invoices usually indicate that no problems were found in testing, but there's always replacement parts listed on that same invoice and magically, the optic starts performing again.
As far as repair vs. new, they have always been able to repair the existing units. In my mind with any scope manufacturer, I'd prefer a repaired unit vs. new anyway. I feel that's there's been more time and care gone into the repair compared to something that's just been mass produced with no testing.

Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance

I'll never buy another Leupold Scope, I sent my tactical scope to them 3 times and problem never got fixed, nor would they replace it. They said it worked fine, but I still couldn't adjust the eye piece to see my reticle clearly. I have no problem adjusting any other brand of scope, to see reticle clearly.
If everything was in spec what were they supposed to do?

That seems to be a problem with your eyes or the way you were adjusting it rather than a scope problem.

View attachment 334924
Near certainty it will be repaired. I've made several warranty claims with Leupold. In most cases, it will repair even though it might be cheaper for it to replace.

In the unlikely event it cannot be repaired you will be offered a newer model for a reasonable charge.

Laser rangefinders have a limited warranty on the electronic components, but not the lens. In one of my claims, the electronics went kaput on a rangefinder which was long out of warranty. I was offered a similar model at a bargain price, which I quickly accepted. However, when Leupold was unable to ship the replacement within 30 days, I was sent a much more expensive model for the same price.

Leupold is a great company and deserving of the highest respect.

I have spoken to some people have had "older" scopes replaced with new ones. The reason this is done, as told to me, the bean counters are in charge nowadays and it is a competitive market out there. Cheaper to give you a new one then fix your old one, in their mind. To keep an inventory of scope parts from 30+ plus years ago just is not feasible. There are companies/individuals that can work on older scopes. As a rifle silhouette shooter we tend to use older scopes that were actually made to meet the weight restrictions in rifle silhouette. Just my 2bits
Good luck, their new scopes are very clear and still well made.

Recent Posts