Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 LR

petenz

Has anyone got one? I am thinking of getting one and getting M1 custom shop turrets on it. Any problems with repeatability etc?

I have one that I have been very pleased with for several years. I've got the older one with parallax adj. on the ring. It's been packed on horses and abused in general and it still continues to perform like it's supposed to. No turrets though. Having said that, there is better glass out there and scopes with better eye relief and light gathering but I feel it is a good value.

i have a .308 with that scope on it, though the scope is now at leupold to get m1 knobs and mil dot put in it. i like the scope but have not used it lots at long range yet.

I'm interested to know about the M1 knobs, I'm leaning towards them but are they really much better than standard target turrets?

not sure how the m1 knobs will be but the scope i sent them had the target knobs and i did not like having to take off the covers to make a adjustment for a shot. ill keep you posted though

I have two of those scopes. One is on a 300WSM and the other on a 280 Rem. I have really enjoyed them. I think it would be great with the M1. I think if you get one you will be happy with it.

I have several of these. Wish they gathered a little more light late/early in the day, but they are great little scopes.

I have several of the VXIII 4.5-14x40LR as well. For $129 I did have Leupold instal M1's on both the windage and elevation adjustments of one of them. The scope has the B&C reticle and sits on a Sendero in 7 Mag. I really like the setup for what I do and would not hesitate to do it again. Leupold charges $89 if you only want to do the elevation turret.

I'm interested to know about the M1 knobs, I'm leaning towards them but are they really much better than standard target turrets?
i like my m1 knobs a lot, for one they are bigger, and they have little lines to allow you to get back to zero easier.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.