Leupold vx6hd 4-24x52 vs march 2.5-25x52

i bought a march 7 years ago. i'll never own another. it is without a doubt the worst scope i've ever owned. i heard nothing but rave reviews so i bit the bullet and paid over 2k for a scope that i could do anything with. a 2.5-25. well it just flat out isn't clear to the point you can't really focus it. i've had others use it and say it's like looking through an old Tasco on high power. guess there's a reason they only have a 5 year warranty. just telling my experience with a March.

Thank you for providing your experience.
I've been considering buying the March 2.5-25 also based on the reviews.

Have you contacted the seller to address the quality concerns?
If so, how did they treat your issues?

i bought a march 7 years ago. i'll never own another. it is without a doubt the worst scope i've ever owned. i heard nothing but rave reviews so i bit the bullet and paid over 2k for a scope that i could do anything with. a 2.5-25. well it just flat out isn't clear to the point you can't really focus it. i've had others use it and say it's like looking through an old Tasco on high power. guess there's a reason they only have a 5 year warranty. just telling my experience with a March.
Let me know if you want to sell it, or trade for an old Tasco.

Did it get bad over time or was it bad from the start? Just wandering if it happened after warranty expired. I agree for what they cost warranty should be longer

I have March 3-24x52 F1,like all about it works great on my mountain rifle,like slim turret as i front carry.But as Frank on sniper hide review mine has picky prallax,and not real clear past 20 so I just rarely go there.But lot times its my scope on mountain hunts to look at trophy quality.Think it is 6 years old and hear new ones good.I have mark 5 Leo 5-25x56 nice turrets,heavier scope real nice zero stop and rev indicator,and glass is better past,20x.Was much less $$ and a spuhr mnt was thrown in.It has not stood test of time but Ive taken 95% my game on 340 wby or 338 NM will a leo 3 or 4

I bought the scope the same time my world was changed with a wife that wanted out. So long range hunting, most of my hunting, wasn't happening. I didn't do much with the scope for a few years. It never seemed very good but wasn't exactly on the front burner so i didn't push the issue. With a new lease on life ( a great wife ) I'm hunting again kind of like i used to, and new interest in the scope to use on an elk trip this fall on a 338 win mag. I just don't like the scope, it doesn't work for me, and yes I'll sell it so i can get a swfa 3-15 and a decent set of binoculars.

I bought the scope the same time my world was changed with a wife that wanted out. So long range hunting, most of my hunting, wasn't happening. I didn't do much with the scope for a few years. It never seemed very good but wasn't exactly on the front burner so i didn't push the issue. With a new lease on life ( a great wife ) I'm hunting again kind of like i used to, and new interest in the scope to use on an elk trip this fall on a 338 win mag. I just don't like the scope, it doesn't work for me, and yes I'll sell it so i can get a swfa 3-15 and a decent set of binoculars.

Something does not seem right with your scope. I would for sure send the scope back to March and have it looked at. Even if it cost a little money to fix. The march scope is truly a awesome scope!

Tagging in. I have both mentioned scopes and just bought a nx8 4-32 F2. Will compare all of them. Truthfully they're all more than I need. Love the March turrets and zero stop.

Tagging in. I have both mentioned scopes and just bought a nx8 4-32 F2. Will compare all of them. Truthfully they're all more than I need. Love the March turrets and zero stop.
I'm curious to see how you think the NX8 compares to the March, especially glass quality and low light abilities

Recent Posts