Leupold VX5 vs Zeiss conquest V4

I have the 3-15x56 with the illuminated duplex and I love it. First scope I have had in a while that didn't have some tactical moa something reticle. I ended up loving it. With the CDS it was a good set up to me - if it doesn't have an exposed elevation turret then there is no way I would have this reticle. I haven't poked anything at 800 yet, but I have at 330 and 431. I bought a second one and am slowing converting all my hunting scopes to a simple duplex with an illuminated dot and exposed elev. turret. I also grabbed a whiskey5 5-25x52 for my 204 with the same illuminated duplex reticle and exposed elevation turret. I never would have thought this is where I would be right now with all of these fancy reticles - crazy world.

how is the Whiskey 5 glass? compared to vx5hd i guess or just in general

how is the Whiskey 5 glass? compared to vx5hd i guess or just in general

I am super impressed with the glass in the Whiskey5. I can't notice any difference looking through both of them side by side. The first Whiskey5 I had wouldn't hold zero and didn't track very well. Sent it in and after a long battle with their customer service they sent me one of their newer models with the exposed elevation turret. I haven't had any problems with that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.