Leupold VX-III vs. VX-3

StanB

I've got a VX-III in 4.5-14x40 with the B&C reticle that is a few years old but in like-new condition. What does the newer VX-3 offer over the VX-III?

I want to get the scope set up with a custom yardage dial, and was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the VX-3 before I start the process.

thanks,
Stan

gun)

The VX3 has two springs, instead of one, on the erector for both the windage and elevation knobs. It gives you less Lash, or play when dialing the turrets, for a more precise movement of the crosshair. I believe they upgraded the lens coatings to the old Mark 4 specs also.

On the old VXIII it was wise to dial past the MOA you wanted and then come back to it to take the lash out. The VXIII will dial in IPHY instead of MOA so you have to set your ballistics program accordingly. The animals you're going to hunt will be just as dead using the scope you already own !! ---- RHB

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts