Leupold - VX-III, Vari X III, & VX3 - difference?

acloco

Looked on their website, but cannot find what the real difference is between the three different models. Anybody?

Vari-X III is oldest, then VX-III, then VX3 is brand new. I think they advanced the coatings and stuff on em, but I'm not expert.

On the VX-3 they use the Xtended Twilight Lens System. Basically it is just new coatings for better light transmission and low light visibility. Also the lenses are supposed to be harder to scratch.

they are a very premium scope, i have been very impressed with all the new models we have recieved.

have a good un
steve

I talked to Leupold a while back about this. All model VX-3's got an upgraded lens coating system. They say it's not really any better in low light conditions, but the edges are clearer with slightly better image quality. The 1" tubes got a dual erector system, the 30 mm tubes already had this.

When I was looking at buying a leupold for LR i had called and talked to a couple different tecs (to see if they all said the same thing...lseems to vary sometimes). They all told me the same thing as on their website, the III's had a single spring erector system and the VXL's and MK4's had better coatings and dual spring erector systems. The new 3's have the better coatings and dual springs.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts