Leupold VX-6 glass vs Vortex Razor GII glass

NWmissouriman

Does anyone have any experience with the two of these scopes side by side? My primary concern is how they compare to one another in low light. By chance, specifically the 1-6 models of these two scopes?

At this price, glass should be at the bottom of your list.

It's mechanics should be what you're most concerned with.

I've played around with both, at this price point, everyone has good glass.

You really don't know what my intentions for this scope are. Mechanically they will both do just fine for my needs. Low light capabilities are my main concern, therefore it's at the top of my list.

I have a VX-6 and have yet to see any Vortex at the range as clear as my Leupold. I really wanted the Vortex to be better than they are because I can pick up Vortex at the local Sportsman. A friend of mine recently replace his Vortex with a Bushnell. Even in the Bushnell the detail is better.

As far as low light I have no experience. If a scope doesn't give me good detail, I won't keep it to check low light performance.

wildcatter

Were you comparing yours against the Razor Gen II at the range or other models?

Cheers

wildcatter

Were you comparing yours against the Razor Gen II at the range or other models?

Cheers

All Vortexes I looked through did not have great glass so far. The way I hear folks brag about them at least a couple should have impressed me. So far I have been impressed with a Leupold with the cutout to mount lower, most Bushnells, all Nightforces and I don't remember others. I compared a z6 Swarovski 3-18 to my z5 Swarovski. Both the owner and I didn't think it was any better than my z5. Neither come up to the standard of my VX-6 when all are set on the same magnification.

So in other words you did not see a side by side with your VX-6 and a Gen II Razor.

I don't care about all the other models or what you assume I just wanted to hear about the pro and cons between these two scopes.

Cheers

So in other words you did not see a side by side with your VX-6 and a Gen II Razor.

I don't care about all the other models or what you assume I just wanted to hear about the pro and cons between these two scopes.

Cheers

Agreed. Really I'm still looking for a low light comparison.

Cheers

I have no idea if I looked through a Gen II RAzor or not. Vortex came on the scene and i wanted to see some. Whenever I did they did not compare with other brands.

I have no idea if I looked through a Gen II RAzor or not. Vortex came on the scene and i wanted to see some. Whenever I did they did not compare with other brands.

There's a substantial difference between the Razor line and there other models. There's a lot of good to be said about both the gen 1 and gen 2 Razors. You'd know if you looked through one or not because they only come in flat dark earth color. That being said I still am not sure which scope has the optimal lens coatings for light transmission.

I don't look at the outside of scopes. So I still don't know if I have or not. I looked through a Vortex today and it was the first one I liked what I saw through it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.