Leupold Vx-6 7-42x56mm 34mm SF CDs Matte TMOA (Any Good ?)

AGL4now

I am considering abusing Tequila and ordering this optic. I am new here and would very much appreciate any thoughts about this scope. Especially why it is discontinued. Thank you.
Any thoughts about this: Leupold Vx-6 7-42x56mm 34mm SF CDs Matte TMOA 118504
It appears they have been discontinued........I wonder WHY.....???
They seem to be available new at around $1,700.00 to $1,850.00
https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle...vx-6-7-42x56mm

I think it is the right location I just don't think many people use that high of magnification for hunting applications. I had the 4-24 power vx6 and it was a nice scope overall. I enjoyed the Tmoa reticle with the open center but eventually I let it go because the turrets were quiet and mushy.

Leupold discountinued many of their less popular scope lines to "streamline production to lower cost". The vx6 line was, in my opinion, at a bad price point for long range optics because you could get more bells and whistles on other brands.

I suggest you go over to the Accurate Shooter website (forum) and have a read. Some of the benchrest shooters over there have worked with it.

You might have to do a general Google search to pull up the reviews.

Seems to me a lot of the more hardcore shooters over there are using NF and March.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.