Leupold VX-3L turret options?

valin

Guys, I run a Weatherby Accumark 338-378, with a Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope, and I would like to know if I am able to purchase and install turrets for this scope? If so, where can I get them? Thanks for the help.

Leupold will also do this for about $125 (at least that's the amount they quoted at the SHOT show).

You might find it easier with Customs to send it back to them as a "repair" (heh heh) than to send it to another business.

I would check into sending it back to leupold as a repair
and have them do it they did my turrets and I love them:)
stoney point used to make a screw on turret for some models but you had to have the coin slot I believe keton industries sells a similar deal
Retiredcpo

my next suggeston would be to consider what you plan on using this gun for.
the m1 turrets will give you muliple revolutions of the dial and but also a bigger scope profile. the cds dial will give you a smaller profile but only one turn of the dial.
But if you can get what you want with one turn that may be a good way to go.when you figure how far you are going to shoot this gun add a couple hundred yards
retiredcpo

This is going to be used for target and various hunting conditions, with distances possible from 50 yds to roughly 700 yds. I will not be shooting further than that.

"with distances possible from 50 yds to roughly 700 yds. I will not be shooting further than that. "

LOL - Sure you say that now, just wait. Pretty soon you'll be under gunned or under scoped.

Watch out this is addicting.

Southpaw

If it didn't come with target turrets you need to send it to Leupold to have them installed. They will do one or both and even custom build your BDC if you want. Or after they have been installed at the factory you can have Kenton or somebody else build you a BDC knob to replace the factory one. I'm sure you have 1/4moa adjustments so unless you wanted to change that you could have the M1 or regular tall target turrets installed. If you wanted them to change the adjustments you can have the M2 or M3 knobs added.

This is going to be used for target and various hunting conditions, with distances possible from 50 yds to roughly 700 yds. I will not be shooting further than that.

I would figure for shooting 900-1000 yards(allways add in alittle extra)
so I would go with the m1 turrets installed by leupold.
I would pass on the custom turret for now.
just my 2 cents

A CDS turret is only 1/2" profile and is $90. installed, mostly labor.The said dial can be custom and more than 1 turn, if you stick w/one turn, in general a 200 zero will get you 700 yrds.Or you can get a plain moa dial, and later for $50 get custom dial, or dials for different loads

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.