Leupold VX-3i LRP - vs - Vortex Viper Pst

Vamike9

Both the Leupold VX3i Long Range Precision/LRP and the Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 have great features, great glass and an excellent warranty; however, which is better?
Scopes in question are the
Vortex Viper PST Gen1 6-24x50 ebr1 &
Leopold VX3i LRP 6.5-20x50 tmr mrad

Luepold VX3i has better glass and functions. I like the new turrets on the LRP better, no way to go past zero and it has indicators for each revolution up so you can easily keep track. Down side is the turret is big and sits pretty high.

The pst gen 2 is a much nicer scope than the gen1. I still give the VX3i LRP the edge

Yes, I agree that the Leupold VX3i LRP is better than the pst gen 1 in glass quality. As for reticle, I'd prefer more mil holdover marks.
Still, Leupold is doing something right for sure!

(Update)
After some time using the LRP, I'll say that it's an amazing value. Still, here's the pros and cons.
Pros
Great glass, build quality, lightweight, extremely bright colors, parallax adjustment, positive click adjustments.

Cons
Small eyebox at opposite ranges of magnification, and possibly reticle depending on the users preference.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.