Leupold VX-3HD 4.514x40

17remhunter

My new Rifle build with weigh in at 6.5 lbs Dont want to overload it with a heavy scope and so the only one I can find is the Leupold VX-3HD 4.5-14x40 I inch tub.
This is a new model im guessing so does anyone have experience with this new model?? Feed back would be appreciated. Thankyou

I just went through this myself, and ended up buying the exact scope you're looking at. At 13 oz and change, it's just hard to beat for weight. I was slightly disappointed in the optics quality VS. the VX5hd and Zeiss V4-6's, but as already pointed out they weigh a lot more.

FWIW, I'm also a big fan of the Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 in this "weight class"...it's WAY less $$ (which scares me a bit) but to my eye the optical quality is very close to the VX3 I have and it's only another 3 oz heavier.

I had a crossfire on my CZ527 the issue was that the eye piece was a tad to large and it could not, without a lot of effort, take my bolt out of the action, kept rubbing on the Eye piece. I ended up giving it to my son and putting on a Leupold vx-2 6-18 with no more issues

Don't have the HD version, but two VX3 4.5-14X40 scopes. Yes, hard to beat when weight is a deciding factor. I have shot plenty of game with them, and have had zero issue with reliability, and I like to dial up yardage for longer shots. I did find the eye relief to be a little short for my lightweight 325 WSM, tagged myself good while shooting at an elk prone. Killed the elk so it was all good LOL. Put a VX6 2-12 on that rifle and problem solved. I do however have one on a 7mm Rem Mag with a McMillan Edge stock and it hasn't been an issue.

Recent Posts