Leupold VX-3 with CDS system?

I just bought a new lupy 6.5x20 and sent it straight to the custofsm shop and went with m1's. I thought about the cds and has some good points. But than your locked to 1 load 1 alt. , etc. Sure you can get extra dials and would work but i dont care to go that route. I own 2 nfs 5.5x22 with npr-1 zero stop and after learning moa i can take them anywhere re do the numbers on hand held and dial in. Just my opinion.
Mike

I love the Leupold and the CDS is a great feature but for me I would keep it in MOA. The problem with the drop built into the knob is your load will vary with temperature and elevation and over time sometimes I change loads or move scopes around. Then the custom knob is worthless. I have a $110 Kenton knob hanging in my safe that I can no longer use because I switched to 210 grain Bergers.

Anybody need a VX-3 LR target knob set up for the 200 grain Accubond at 3100fps, 750' elevation at 55 degrees?

Hmmm...getting ready to order my CDS now for an 200gr Accubond, 9500' and 30degrees....your unused knob would work for me on my home turf.....

I put a 4.5x14x40mm VX3 CDS on a .223 Rem to say I like it is a understatement.
I just sent a 3.5x10x40 VX3 CDS to have the windage CDS dial also & parallax changed to 200 yds this will be going on my Deer rifle .264 Win Mag should have it back in a week I hope.

Finally ordered my CDS dials. I should receive them right after Christmas. I bought the scope back when they had the offer for a second CDS dial free. Ordered one for my "expected" environmental conditions next fall Elk Hunting and one at my local altitude. Ran the numbers and I think these dials will accommodate several loads within "hunting accuracy" at reasonable distances (<700 yds). Locally, if I get a 200yd shot, it's a LONG one. POI is nearly the same out to 300-400 yd range. My problem now is the stop is for a 250yd zero and my local range is 200yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.