Leupold VX-3 subtendings?

Nandy

I have looked at Leupold online documentation but they dont seem to have the measurements I am looking for. I called Leupold in the past and they gave me the measurements of the small cross hair, the measurements from the tick post to the center of the cross hairs. I cant find where I put it. I have the illuminated duplex reticle where there is a gap between the thick pickets and the cross hairs.. It is a 3.5-10 50 mm scope.
Thanks!

Can't you just stand a wooden yardstick on end and look at it thru the scope?

I appreciate your interest, I tried something similar years ago but my numbers were a bit off from what Leupold ultimately gave me a couple of years back. What I want is the actual numbers from Leupold once again.
I know that at max zoom from the thick picket to the center of the reticle it should be around 8 to 7 inches, from the top cross hair picket to the bottom cross hair picket it should be 5 to 6 inches and from thick picket to thick picket is should be 14 to 16 inches. This I deduct from the cheat-sheet I made for the 30-06 winch was right on the money. Just trying to get the real numbers...
Real numbers from Leupold is what I was looking for. Send them an email, hope that works.

I had looked at that and maybe I just dont understand their terminology...

If by Thin opening they mean from the top of the bottom thick picket to the bottom of the top picket the I can say that is right at a 100 yds min zoom.

If by heavy section they mean from the top of the cross hairs to the center of the cross hairs then I could agree..

If by thin section they mean.... no idea..

In the attachment is a pic of what I am trying to get the distance from:

figure a - from center of cross hairs to tip of top (or bottom for that matter) thick picket.
figure b - cross hair tip to tip.
figure c - from bottom of cross hair to tip of bottom thick picket (the gap).

I could see how the heavy section they say is 2.1 could be the thick picket thickness, the thin section the thin cross hair thickness and thin opening maybe the size between the thick pickets...

Hopefully I will get my email answered before the season ends. I have some shots pushing 400 and I want to be able to compensate on the 100 and 200 yds mark as well.

Attachments

• reticle meaurements_inquiry.jpg
    reticle meaurements_inquiry.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.