Leupold VX-3 LR vs Conquest or ??

cal74

Posted this in another spot, but haven't gotten any input.

It'll be a few months, but I'm going to be needing some glass for a .257 Weatherby I just bought.

Wish I could say I had an un-limited budget, but I'd like to keep it under 700.00

Found a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14 LR for right about 600.00, send it in for CDS or M1 turrets and call it good.

Or one of the Conquests in the demo areas at cameraland. I think (don't know) that I'd like to go with turrets of some sort and the CDS has quite a bit of appeal with the addition of the aluma caps.

Open to other suggestions also, gun will be used for a low volume varmint gun and antelope.

You need to decide if a little better glass (Zeiss)is more important or the double ammount of adjustments (over 100 for the Leupold).

My 257 Wby. has a 4.5 x 14 Conquest on it and it's working really well.
The glass is great...clear and sharp! I also have the Leupold on a 7mmSTW and have no complaints. I don't think that you can go wrong if you choose either one.
Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.