Leupold vs Nightforce

Akex,

There is no product made that will not break or have a flaw somewhere along the manfacturing proces. Buy what you like, but most expensive doesn't always equate to "Best".

IMHO the key to the value of an item is how the company treats you when you feel you have a problem. Before you drop $3200 on a scope for your $4000 rifle, consider who you'll have to deal with to get satisfaction should something go wrong.

FatBoy...

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: FatBoy... ]

Frankg,

IMO, I would have to vote Leupold. I have only one experience to justify my comments though. As with fellow posters, I too had an issue with windage adjustments. After conducting my own tests at 29 Palms Marine Base along with having fellow USMC armorers inspect the rifle etc I kindly sent it back to Nightforce for inspection. It was returned promptly with a note that everything was in order. Being a little suspicious I remounted the scope and rezeroed again. And again, MOA was off scale. Sent it back and spoke with a technician and was reassured that it would be reinspected more thoroughly.

To make a long story short after 4 trips back to the factory the problem still exists. I now use it as a paper weight and put on a MK4 and haven't look back since.

Good Luck

Verrocchio

Not to hijack the thread... but I'm also looking at both, however I am considering buying a Leupold cusotm shop and putting 1" M3 knobs on a mark 4 4-14x50. Is that a good idea or should I leave it at 1/4" turrets?

hunterco

Fat chance to hijack a post that is 6-1/2 years old!!!
Half of these posters have left the site!!
you might have better luck starting a new post.
I think you will be hard pressed to find many people that would prefer a loupy over a nightforce.
Plenty prefer the loupy cost vs the nightforce
Just depends on what you are willing to spend and what you plan to use it for.

CAM

Thanks for all of the great info guys. I ended up with a S&B PMII 4-16 with single turn turret. This has the P4F reticle with 0.1 mill clicks and 1 MIL hash marks.

Jeff

I am familiar with nightforce scope but little bit of knowledge about Leupold scope. Nightforce scopes are best for their quality and performance that is great. It makes a good choice for both long distance shooters and hunters. Along with clarity in images, daylight settings and magnification, this products are technologically advanced. It is useful in any difficult conditions. Leupold is very fantastic , popular, and high quality rifle. Both the Leupold and Nightforce are very good scopes. They are available with unimaginable resolution capacity and accuracy to make targeting easy for the users.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.