Leupold vs Nightforce vs Zeiss

nc/va08

Need some help in deciding between a few scopes. I'm in the process of building a .40 Cal smokeless, but new to shooting a longer distances. Not sure how far I will stretch out at first, but don't want to have to go through the trouble of changing out scopes as I get more comfortable shooting. Of the three scopes, which can serve the purpose now, and in the future.

1. VX-5HD 4-20X52 CDS-ZL2 SIDE FOCUS DUPLEX
2. Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 Moar Riflescope C535
3. ZEISS Conquest V4 6-24x50 ZBR-1 Reticle #91

I run a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56 M5C3 on my 7MM and have never had any problems out of it. In fact, love everything about it. Before getting into shooting at longer distance, I had Zeiss on every rifle I had. Just trying to determine what would be best for my muzzleloader build now, as it's a completely different venture. Any advice/input is greatly appreciated.

All of the above will work
I don't know anything about long range muzzle loading but won't you need a way to hold wind?
If so swap the vx5hd reticle for something like the tmoa, tmr, windplex. Or the little mark 5hd 3.6-18.

Can't comment on the Nightforce, but I have been a life-long Leupold owner and fan. They are the only scope that I ever purchased to top any rifle I owned; that is until I picked up a Zeiss Conquest. Dang, those scopes are fantastic! Sorry Leopold, but I'm now riding on the Zeiss train. You can get some awesome deals on Zeiss demo scopes on Red Hawk Rifles website.

Need some help in deciding between a few scopes. I'm in the process of building a .40 Cal smokeless, but new to shooting a longer distances. Not sure how far I will stretch out at first, but don't want to have to go through the trouble of changing out scopes as I get more comfortable shooting. Of the three scopes, which can serve the purpose now, and in the future.

I run a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56 M5C3 on my 7MM and have never had any problems out of it. In fact, love everything about it. Before getting into shooting at longer distance, I had Zeiss on every rifle I had. Just trying to determine what would be best for my muzzleloader build now, as it's a completely different venture. Any advice/input is greatly appreciated.
I'm a really big fan of both Leupold and Zeiss conquest. You get a whole lot for your money with both without having to mortgage the house.

I took a hard look at several SHV's over the years but was unimpressed.

If they are available in the scopes you are looking at from Leupold take a hard look at both the B&C and TMR reticles. Very simple and very easy to use.

What's your budget? Those 3 shipped are nice. The SHV will be the toughest scope out of the 3. I'd up my budget and look at the ATACR used.
The new LR-5 scopes are nice. If you could spend a little more and upgrade on a piece of new glass you will get better options

I love the V4 Zeiss and that is all I have.
I've had the SHV and they do have fantastic glass I thought but the turret and the zero set not zero stop on the 5-20 is not very nice.
I'm picking up a 300 ultra today that I was going to put the HD-5 3-15 on but I'm thinking it may leave there with another V4.