Leupold vari-xIII (New reticles)

paal

Hi every1.

I'am about to buy a new scope. Already got 1 Leupold 8,5-25x50 w/large leu/targ. dot from Premier...... Very pleased with that.
I do like ret. with dot.

But i do see Leupold have som new reticles:
Boone&Crockett and the Varmint hunter's reticle....

Anyone with experience with this reticle ?
I'am considering the Varmint reticle.

Will be used on paper -->500-600yards.
And of course some big game hunting.
The rifle are:
Remington L700 (lefthand)
Shilen select match 1-10" - 27"long
Cal.300winmag
McMillan A4
Badger floorplate
K.Farrell mount (getting Badger soon)

...also love the leupold dot reticles for live varminting... just got a new "varmint" reticle 6.5 - 20... looks like a new level of fun just about to begin! (can't go wrong with either) jmo

I have been debating between the Leupold B&C recticle and the Burris Ballistic Plex for my LR elk gun. Since both scopes are equivalent in price and quality, I've been switching back and forth on purchase. I was hoping someone hear would send me their Burris and Leupold so I can try them out for a year or two.
grin.gif

Ronnie

Just bought a 6.5 - 20x LR Target with the varmint hunters reticle . Have found that the ideal power setting for the trajectory of my .243 Ackley / 70gn Nosler is 18X if using a 200 yard zero .This isn't one of the recommended settings from Leupold but who cares ? Looks good at this stage but windage dots not likely to be accurate if using VLD's .Will still be a handy reference .
Liked the accurate windage and elevation adjustments . Miles better than any of my numerous Leupold "hunting scopes" which all shift P.O.I. about double what the graduations say they should .

I have the B&C reticle on a 4.5-14x50 VX3 and I love it. It is on a Tikka T3 in 300wsm. With a 200 yard zero the hash marks are dead on out to 500 yards. On a steel IPSC target at 600 yards I hold the bottom heavy crosshair on the head and I can ring the steel all day long. I would heartily recommend it. I am going antelope hunting in New Mexico in August and it should come in handy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.