• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leupold Vari X III 4.5-14x40 Tact w/ Mildot

Alan Griffith

**SPF**

Price reduced to $500 plus actual shipping. Used but immaculately kept Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40mm with Adjustible Objective on the objective lens and in a very unique "Tactical" version with the Mil-dot reticle, and where the "gold ring" is black.

I've only had this scope mounted and shot (at the range only) on a light kicking 260 Rem, the one in the picture. This is a 1" tube model so it's lighter than a 30mm tube scope. Sorry, my Rem 700 CDL SF Limited in 260 Rem, and the Talley rings, is not for sale as it's an absolute tack driver. Unless you want to pay me a ridiculously high amount:rolleyes::D

With the zero MOA Talley base, I've had no problems reaching 1000 yds with 140's and had plenty of dialing room left.

Original box, Leupold cloth, Mil-dot instructions, blank registration card go with the scope.

Decided to sell the scope to fund a Nightforce with MIL-MIL options.

Asking $680 plus acutal shippng plus $5 to cover supplies and gas to get to the shipper.

Sorry it took so long to post pics. With Photobucket it takes awhile. I've got dialup!gun)

Three additional pics on the following page.

This is the write up I found on the web.

The mid-range magnification levels, tactical matte finish, and target-style adjustment dials of the Leupold(r) Vari-X(r) III 4.5-14x40mm Mil Dot tactical rifle scope make it a favorite of law enforcement departments. The adjustable objective and 14x high magnification level allow it to really reach out to considerable distances. Multicoat 4(r) lens coatings enable it to provide a very clear, very bright image.

FeaturesModel Number: 49208
Multicoat 4(r) exterior lens coating
1/4 MOA click, target-style windage and elevation dials
Lifetime manufacturer guarantee
Actual Magnification: 4.9(4.5x) 14.3(14x)
Length: 12.5 in
Eyepiece Length: 3.2 in
Objective Length: 4.0 in
Objective Diameter: 2.0 in
Eyepiece Diameter: 1.55 in
Tube Diameter: 1.0 in
Weight: 14.5 oz
Eye Relief: 5.0 in(4.5x) 3.7 in(14x)
Eye Relief: 127 mm(4.5x) 94 mm(14x)
Objective Lens Diameter: 1.6 in
Maximum Adjustment at 100 yds: 67 in
Maximum Adjustment at 100 m: 186 cm
FOV at 100 yds: 20.8 ft(4.5x) 7.4(14x)
FOV at 100 m: 6.9 m(4.5x) 2.5 m(14x)
Maximum Mount Ring Spacing: 5.4 in
Front Ring Space: 1.8 in
Rear Ring Space: 2.3 in

VarXIIIright.jpg

VariXIIIpower.jpg

VariXIIIAO.jpg

Last edited:
Do you still have the scope for sale, does it have the same warranty without the gold ring.
Brandt

Recent Posts