Leupold Turret?

Happ571

Looking for some help here, I have 2 VariX III's and I am going to send them in for custom turrets should I go with the Target or M1 style, I will be using these for hunting? any advice will help

THANK YOU!!

IIRC, the M1 style cannot be covered with a cap. In other words the M1s are exposed. The target type has caps to cover them up. Also the M1 has heavier set screws. My turrets are pretty stiff to turn, so if they are all that way I don't think there's much chance of turning them by accident in the field. There are many others here much more knowledgeable than myself and I'm sure will chime in.

I just had the M1 put on my VXIII LR and love it. It does not seem that there would be any problem with not having a cap for it. The numbers are right there in front of you even when your face in on the stock. I highly recomend the M1 over the target turret.

I have the target style on all of my scopes and love it. I have never had the m1 style before so I cannot compair the two but would say that the target style is not a bad choice. I like the covers on mine, not for out in the field but mainly for in the case or during transportation and that sort of thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.