Leupold tgt dot?

Oregonhunter

Hello All,

I am just about ready to purchase a .223 for yote and target shooting and was thinking of having my Leupold 4-14x40 changed to the Leupold tgt dot. Anyone have any thing good or bad to say about this reticle?

It currently sports the fine duplex version reticle and so far it works for me but I was thinking of trying something new? I welcome any ideas on the subject!!

Thanks for the help.

Oregonhunter
grin.gif

To my way of thing you have to purchase a new scope. Just kidding! I like the dot on varmits but not for elk or deer. I've had Premier Reticles.com put dots in mine and they can get them smaller than leupold plus the have a program to set dots for like the mil-dot or just acouple dot for range. I just hold better with a dot. Think they are like other things just what you get use to and like. Good luck!

I had an 1/8 minute dot in a 24x that I liked alot. It was easy to hold it in the center of a 1/2 minute orange target dot.

For hunting you may consider having Premier Reticle put holdover dots in for 200yd - 300yd - 400yd and so on. I did this for my lightweight walking varminter and found it to be fast and accurate.

The down side would be if you substantially changed the load it could result in a different bullet drop.

VH

I HAVE TWO EXPENSIVE LEUPOLDS, TWO REDFIELD ILLUMINATORS AND A CHEAPER SIMMONS AND ALL HAVE CROSS HAIR DOTS. iF YOU HAVE A 50 MM OBJECTIVE LENS YOU CAN GET ENOUGH LIGHT THRU IT TO HUNT WITH. WHAT I REALLY LIKE IS THAT I AM AT THE RANGE 1,000 MORE HOURS THAN I AM HUNTING AND WITH A CROSS HAIR OR TARGET DOT, YOU CAN SEE THE CENTER OF THE HOLE YOU JUST MADE AND SHOOT ANOTHER HOLE THRU THE HOLE YOU JUST MADE. I LIKE SEEING THE SMALL DOT AND LIKE SHOOTING HOLES THRU HOLES. I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER WAY YOU CAN DO THAT WITH OUT SMALL CROSS HAIRS AND DOT. GET YOU ONE!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.