Leupold target style turrets - Help???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by ss7mm, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ss7mm

ss7mm Well-Known Member

Is there anyone that has a Leupold scope with their target style turrets that could post or e-mail a picture of the turrets with and without caps? I have a scope that I am considering making some changes on and this is one of the options but their site doesn't show any pictures where you can really see anything. I asked Leupold for pics but all they provided was a link to their website.

Thanks for any help you can provide............

2. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Well-Known Member

Leupold add on turrents look exactly the same like the turrents on their target scopes. About 1" tall, 1/2"+ around with good clicks.

Jerry

3. Skinny Shooter

Skinny Shooter Well-Known Member

Only have photos with the caps removed.

[​IMG]

If you have a 30mm scope tube, check out the Mark 4 M1 turret conversion at Premier Reticles also. $75.00 is a great deal for this service.
    http://www.premierreticles.com/index.php...9d84ad279824272
    A friend had Premier install a standard target elevation turret on his scope. It was back in one week. Nice folks too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Hope this helps.

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Well-Known Member

Skinny Shooter: Thanks for the picture. It's perfect. The scope I'm thinking about changing is a Leupold VXIII 4.5x14x50 w/B&C reticle. The std. hunting type adjustment is a little inconvenient to use when dialing in clicks. I have been told by Leupold that I can't go with the tactical turrets because of the 1" scope tube. Looks like the target type would be better and easier to use. I'll check with Premier but I doubt they can help given what Leupold said about sizes

Jerry: Thanks for the info. If you are talking about the aftermarket add on type turrets that convert the original, I have a set but they only work with the older scopes that have the coin slot in the top of the adjustment. The VXIII doesn't have the coin slot any more.