Leupold Tactical Mil Ranging reticle

Boman

Has anybody looked through a scope with this reticle? How does it look compared to the standard Mil dot or the USMC mil dot? Is it too busy to be used on a hunting rifle? Is it too fine to be used on a hunting rifle? Looking at the Leupolds website, it looks significantly smaller than the trad mil dot.. Thanks

IMO that reticle is the 1 of the best ranging/ballistic reticles going. Got a buddy that has no less than 3 of them in his 8.5-25's. Line stadia instead of dots, @ 1 mil, .5 mil, and .2 mil between mil 4+ 5. It'll be my next ballistic reticle for sure.

Boman, I have one , what I don't have is actual experience with it ( waiting on my rifle from Chris Matthews) I can say this , the reticle is not to busy , the Leupold site does'nt do it justice.Also , as I have been spending days slobbering over this scope I have been applying myself to learning the capabilities of the reticle.IMSO it is a great reticle with a lot of potential.
W#hen I get it mounted I will post some more opinions > Thanks , Jim

I posted a reveiw with some pics in the equipment review forum. Might be helpful.

I agree with Jim, the Leupold website does it no justice.

B.J.

I have one on my plastic Tika ss varmint 300 wsm and the same scope with the standard mildot on my other plastic Tika ss varmint in 308 win they are both good but i prefer the usmc tactical mil retical espically the little opening in the center so your target is not covered by the +.
Was shooting both of these today at 1000yds [fron can. and hate the metric system]in a 10 gusting to 20 mph wind and was having alot of fun wind doping about 35% hits on 14" gong. sure beats the hell out of working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everyone for your help! It was good to get a look at the actual reticle from Bill's review. Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.