Leupold Scopes

I'm thinking you'll hear 8.5 x 25 Long Range (LR) as the best/most prefered. I personally prefer the 6.5 x 20 LR over the 8.5 x 25 (but I bumped my head a lot when I was young).

Nearly all my Leuponds are the 3.5 x 10 LR Tactical, I use these to 1000 yards. I prefer 40mm over 50mm and I dont use bench style hunting so they're a little handier.

I am a Leupold fan. I have about 12 of them. For my long range work, I like the 6.5x20x40 or 50mm with Mil-Dots and an elevation target turret. Premier can and will do almost anything Custom that you want. Leupold is fast in getting custom work done, and you are only out about 2 weeks of shooting while it is gone.

Headhunter

I've been using the M1 3.5x10x40. I wish they made the New M1 4.5x14 with a 40mm Obj instead of just the 50.

Also, my limit (on game) is 500 yards so 10x has always been fine for me and I don't like too much magnification. With my new Lapua & the 300 SMK's I'm sure I'll be puching paper in the off season at twice that distance....so I'm switching to NF NXS 3.5x15x50 with that NP-R2 reticle.
If Leupold suddenly makes an MOA style reticle with 4.5x14 or 6.5x20 with a 40mm Obj I'll go back.

I'll say this though, Leupold quality is excellent. I've never had a problem with any of my scopes. Whatever Leupold scope you get will serve you well. I just wish they innovated a bit more.

Added note, I asked Premier Reticles to make me something similiar to the NP-R2 reticle with MOA drops. They can't.

[ 12-07-2003: Message edited by: John M. ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.