Leupold Scopes...Do you trust them today?

Another consideration is, how the scope is installed. That in itself can affect scope performance. There was some hard data on another forum of vertical split rings affecting tracking in some scopes. Guys will send the scope back, Leupold will say there's nothing wrong with it and the guy puts it back on the same rifle, and rings, then complains it wasn't fixed. I would say that happens quite bit.

Last edited:
Good to know. Any others ?

Maven

All Maven optics come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. If your optic becomes damaged or is at all defective (not including deliberate or cosmetic damage that does not hinder product performance), contact us immediately for repair or replacement. We don't care where or when you bought it or if it was your fault or not – if it says Maven, we will take care of it.

I've had 1 fixed and its still rocking after 30+ years,,, a little bit smudgy to look threw...

I switched to Nikon optics after that,,, super clear glass for early morning and late evenings,,, $500 Cnd funds all in for 3-12×42 adjustable parallax,,, range finding retical...

Some folks are worried about warranty,,, as expected when dishing out good cash,,, Leopold,,, Nikon,,, and Sightron will look after me no matter what since they enjoy having me on board with them...

I bought a Leopold 3x9 rifleman optic,,, it doesn't have parallax so its awful out past the 400 mark and beyond...

All good on what ever company looks after your needs... that's what really counts

Cheers from the North

I have a terrapin that I dropped,no work. $1500 access and fix,that on top of purchase.Been a paper weight,wish id known,no warranty.Using old lieca 1200 sqaure one,been left in woods,found,banged around dropped still working

I don't own any NF, and am not a fan boy of any manufacturers.
However a friend of mine just had his second NXS s____the bed on him last season.
Total failure to hold zero, he almost pulled the barrel before trying a back up (no name scope) that brought his groups back to .5 moa.
It happens..
[QUOTE="tylerw02, post: 1832003, member: 113012"
I was very ignorant for buying a $2500+ Leupold. I believe I have 8 or 9 of them thay need new homes.
You bought 8 or 9 scopes for $2500 and are surprised that they suck??
Dude come on.. that's like buying a *** ford tempo and bashing a mustang cuz your tempo failed.
Leupold makes entry level scopes, and big boy scopes (mk5's).
Yes the entry levels won't compete with a $2500 Optic.
[/QUOTE]

No. Please reread. I bought a $2500 Leupold that was trash. It was junk. So was my $2100 Leupold.
I have a good $9000 invested in Leupold optics.

Bushnell, tract, S&B. Nightforce doesn't have it in writing but people are taken care of.
When I buy Bushnell scopes I only use 4200-4500 elites and have never had a failure of any nature. My leupold's were all VX 3's and I did have tracking and holding POI on several. Don't know about their current scopes cause once I been bit I tend to find other manufacturer's. There bad for selling scopes at a period in their past that didn't cut it. I don't need to spend $1000. to have a scope that will track and hold it's aimpoint. Both Zeiss conquests and the five elites all do and have never failed me. Maybe leupold has their act together now with erectors, but once you lose a customer they often stay gone and find other scopes, look at the number of posts that mention the infamous scope cap tapping. Those reputations often die hard and they totally caused it with their scopes at some point in time with me as one of their customers, people didn't pull this out of their....... well you know what I'm saying.

Speaking of lifetime warranties my elites are lifetime warrantied not just to me but anyone I sell the scope to as well. For as long as the scope is in service to any future owner with no reciept or proof of purcahse required. They will repair or replace, in writing with every elite.

Good thread with lots of input both pro and con, seems to run back and forth. A popcorn cruncher for sure. But you know what amazes me??? There are a LOT of posts that just want to talk about their NightForce scopes! Good repuations die hard also and NF seems to really have a loyal fan base to say the least. If I ever spend a lot of money on a scope you can bet they will get my interest.........Not the topic of thread but mentioned continually....... Dave

I was looking for a new scope for my wooden stock sporterized mauser 308. My daughters hunting gun. I went straight to leupold because of weight. This is the first year back shooting with me. 10 years off. I would like her to shoot long range with me in the off season. So I bought LRP 8.5-25. Mounted it went in my back yard. Set up 5 rifles on a table side by side put them on the same magnification 20x. Sun was down last 10 or 15 minutes of light. Looked at a transformers location numbers 200 yards away. A Nightforce Atacr, valdada G2, Athlon Cronus, Athlon ares ETR and the leupold. The leupold was excellent not first but not last. So I took my daughter to the range. Loaded up some Nosler 125's hunters. Her bullets where 1/2" at 100. So I said let's see if you still got it. Strelock data. 2 shots each all the way to 503. Hit everything. at 503 hit the 6" gong first pull. She said she wanted to try for the 3". She was on 2.6 mil. Shot just under. I said 2.7 and
IMG_1286.JPG
For the record I wouldn't take it for high volume shooting but for whet we wanted it's a good deal.

I just sold 2 VX6HD Leupolds because they wouldn't track. Replaced them with March Optics and will never go back. The people I know that like them hunt and never take a shot over 200 yds.

Did you tell your buyers the scopes would not track correctly?

You bought 8 or 9 scopes for $2500 and are surprised that they suck??
Dude come on.. that's like buying a *** ford tempo and bashing a mustang cuz your tempo failed.
Leupold makes entry level scopes, and big boy scopes (mk5's).
Yes the entry levels won't compete with a $2500 Optic.

No. Please reread. I bought a $2500 Leupold that was trash. It was junk. So was my $2100 Leupold.
I have a good $9000 invested in Leupold optics.
[/QUOTE]
My bad I misread your post..
What models were they?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.